StatFox.com - Sports Handicapping Community

The Leading Logic In Sports Handicapping

The FoxDen Forum : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 The FoxDen Forum > Sports Handicapping, Trends, and Stats > Explain your avatar
Search The Fox Den Forum:

Subscribe to this Thread
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »

Last Message   Next Message

Author
Message    Post A Reply
UgaBulldawg
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Explain your avatar

Just thinking to myself, a lot of us have avatars that need a little explaining, so why not start a thread for such a topic.

Here's my explanation....naturally, as a Georgia fan, I saw this pic and fell in love. If you want to check out the full set of UGA co-eds and a larger version of this picture, here's the link:

http://www.popcrunch.com/hottest-st...ity-of-georgia/

My buddy sent me the above before we left last Fall for Tempe, AZ for the Uga/Asu game. FYI - Arizona State was ranked #1 by the "publication" with the hottest coeds.

There's my explanation. What's yours?

Uga

Old Post 03-16-09 04:48 PM
UgaBulldawg is offline Click Here to See the Profile for UgaBulldawg Click here to Send UgaBulldawg a Private Message Edit post   Report post
flipdog
FoxDen Hall of Famer

First off....UGA my favorite avatar on here. Any picture I try and use as mine gets rejected because it's too big. Just a die hard NY fan here.

Old Post 03-16-09 04:55 PM
flipdog is offline Click Here to See the Profile for flipdog Click here to Send flipdog a Private Message Edit post   Report post
brian_n_bama
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Mine goes way back to a time when we were suffering through a slump and MVC had an idea to put up the logo that we were betting against. A streak something like 20-1 followed over the next week or so, and I have continued the "fade the avatar" ever since.

http://forums.statfox.com/forum/showthread.php?threadid=63506&highlight=fade+the+avatar

Old Post 03-16-09 05:02 PM
brian_n_bama is offline Click Here to See the Profile for brian_n_bama Click here to Send brian_n_bama a Private Message Edit post   Report post
Curdawg
StatFox Legend

Red bird holding a basketball i think...

vic

Always bet AP's number 11 who will be trying hard to get into Top 10...

Old Post 03-16-09 05:04 PM
Curdawg is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Curdawg Edit post   Report post
diamondjim
StatFox Hall of Famer

really ?

Durrrr.......

@1diamondjim (twitter)

Old Post 03-16-09 05:46 PM
diamondjim is offline Click Here to See the Profile for diamondjim Click here to Send diamondjim a Private Message Edit post   Report post
Curdawg
StatFox Legend

DJ

Go to your room...you need a time-out

vic

Old Post 03-16-09 05:49 PM
Curdawg is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Curdawg Edit post   Report post
brian_n_bama
FoxDen Hall of Famer

I almost forgot

Now that I think about it, that may have been Big Monte's idea.

Old Post 03-16-09 05:50 PM
brian_n_bama is offline Click Here to See the Profile for brian_n_bama Click here to Send brian_n_bama a Private Message Edit post   Report post
fallforward
FoxDen Hall of Famer

I am from Las Vegas so I have no fandom in any pro sport. Only the Runnin' Rebels get my emotional investment. So each year I adopt a baseball team to root for. Last year I adopted the devil rays last may and they went on an epic run. I take full credit for their success. This year I think I am going to adopt the Royals.

I like what Coco will do for them. I think they will be able to manufacture more runs and play some more small ball a la the LAA. I also really like their closer Soria.

So Let's Go Royals!
ff

"Do what you can with what you have, with the time in place, in the place you are."

Old Post 03-16-09 06:45 PM
fallforward is offline Click Here to See the Profile for fallforward Click here to Send fallforward a Private Message Edit post   Report post
Fade-n-Away

My

avatar is usually for one of my teams. Clemson Tigers (Oliver Purnell), Atlanta Braves (Bobby), The Citadel, etc. My favorite avatar is definietly Kent's. Love those GA girls!

On a side note, has anybody heard from The Hook 420? Have not seem him around in a couple weeks. Did I miss something?

Old Post 03-16-09 07:29 PM
Fade-n-Away is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Fade-n-Away Click here to Send Fade-n-Away a Private Message Edit post   Report post
2381Mike
FoxDen Hall of Famer

35 years of pain

Old Post 03-16-09 07:52 PM
2381Mike is offline Click Here to See the Profile for 2381Mike Click here to Send 2381Mike a Private Message Edit post   Report post
DolphinBoy
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Mike-

That's not pain! Once hockey season is done, my Cubbies avatar might be back.

Now that is pain!!

Old Post 03-16-09 07:55 PM
DolphinBoy is offline Click Here to See the Profile for DolphinBoy Click here to Send DolphinBoy a Private Message Edit post   Report post
UgaBulldawg
FoxDen Hall of Famer

diamondjim....

why don't you give us the story on how you came up with your avatar and how you made it...

Good stories.

Curdawg - yes, your bird looks familiar. Glad to know you're a fan!!!

Uga

Old Post 03-16-09 07:59 PM
UgaBulldawg is offline Click Here to See the Profile for UgaBulldawg Click here to Send UgaBulldawg a Private Message Edit post   Report post
T5A0A7

my great uncle was the actor- Gomer Pyle.

Old Post 03-16-09 09:23 PM
T5A0A7 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for T5A0A7 Click here to Send T5A0A7 a Private Message Edit post   Report post
2381Mike
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Chicago has NOTHING on Cleveland.

Old Post 03-16-09 09:24 PM
2381Mike is offline Click Here to See the Profile for 2381Mike Click here to Send 2381Mike a Private Message Edit post   Report post
T5A0A7

we know, cleveland is a dump LOL.

Old Post 03-16-09 09:25 PM
T5A0A7 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for T5A0A7 Click here to Send T5A0A7 a Private Message Edit post   Report post
Paintedface
Banned User

The explanation behind my avatar is a complicated and thoughtful metaphor on Kafka-esque Existentialism and how no matter how many times we transform through life we all end up as nothing.

actually I've just been too busy/lazy/preoccupied to put one up

Old Post 03-16-09 09:29 PM
Paintedface is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Paintedface Click here to Send Paintedface a Private Message Edit post   Report post
2381Mike
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Where are you from Gomer?

Old Post 03-16-09 09:42 PM
diamondjim
StatFox Hall of Famer

Ok kent

Here its .

I went to a build your own Avitar site. Took my name and jazzed it with a diamond and a dollar sign because this is a gambling site.

Name diamond- Nickname i was given because diamonds are a girls best friend.

Jim-Name passed down through 3 generations . Im actually the 3rd. Did not name my son james the 4th.

DJ -Name given to here forum members so the dont have to write out diamondjim.

Better ?

DJ

@1diamondjim (twitter)

Old Post 03-16-09 10:06 PM
diamondjim is offline Click Here to See the Profile for diamondjim Click here to Send diamondjim a Private Message Edit post   Report post
T5A0A7

im from Cleveland!

Old Post 03-16-09 10:08 PM
eels
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Baseball is the greatest game ever. Ever! My avatar is of Torri Hunter when he was a Twin (my team) leveling the hated White Sox catcher.

Good triumphs over evil.

Classic baseball play!

Old Post 03-16-09 10:16 PM
eels is offline Click Here to See the Profile for eels Click here to Send eels a Private Message Edit post   Report post
Post A Reply

Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Message   Next Message

Quick Links: