StatFox.com - Sports Handicapping Community

The Leading Logic In Sports Handicapping

The FoxDen Forum : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 The FoxDen Forum > Sports Handicapping, Trends, and Stats > 1/10/05 opinions
Search The Fox Den Forum:

Subscribe to this Thread

Last Message   Next Message

Author
Message    Post A Reply
effamy

1/10/05 opinions

redak-

Not much today with a limited board to choose from, but I am playing

Coll of Charleston -2, and teasing down Iona and Tenn-chat by 5 each.

Still don't have numbers for a couple of games, will post later if I see anything good.

Yesterday you asked about NC Grnsboro @ Furman. The last line I saw was furman -7.5. I think Furman will win but don't see the ATS win. But I can see why you could say Furman has the edge. Furman has a higher "power rating." For me, Grnsb is rated 159 in sagarin, furman at 189. Grnsboro has played on average against a generous line of roughly +12.9 but has underperformed it by 2.3 points. Furman has played against a tougher line of +5.2 and as you would expect has underperformed it by a bit more at 3.6 points. So greensboro has outperformed furman vs. the line but it was against a much more generous line-so you can weigh that accordingly. The kicker for me is that greensboros avg opp rating for me is 81.5, and furmans is 78.7. So given that grnsboros schedule has been a bit tougher, you would expect more generous lines.

I usually weigh all that in a touchy-feely way and don't put into pure math, but if you do put all those numbers together you get furman by 4. So while I don't really consider that to be predictive of the outcome, it is enough to make me walk away from this game and look for a better one. Like I said yesterday, I look for any reason NOT to bet a game.

I hope this lasts. It worked well last season. If I could only figure out all the other sports I would be very happy. But I stink at baseball, NBA, football. This method requires a lot of games to choose from to filter, and there are just not enough teams in any other sport to compare to the 300+ in division 1 hoops.

good luck.

Old Post 01-10-05 05:52 PM
effamy is offline Click Here to See the Profile for effamy Edit post   Report post
Redak

here is what i am going with tonight:

middle tennessee state -5.5
oklahoma -4.5
furman -7 (i have to take them lol)

lakers/timberwolves over 202

ytd record: 17-24-1

glta

again effamy thanks for your insight on how you go about capping ncaa bb. your input helps each day. i hope i help you also.

Old Post 01-10-05 11:09 PM
Redak is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Redak Edit post   Report post
effamy

well, I put up an 0-2 stinker. Hopefully gets that out of my system and will move on tomorrow.

Congrats on Furman, game was not even close.

this week: 0-2
total 15-10-1

Old Post 01-11-05 04:00 AM
effamy is offline Click Here to See the Profile for effamy Edit post   Report post
Redak

one lousy basket away from 4-0 for the day. oh well with my recent history i will take 3-1 everyday!!!

middle tennessee state -5.5 WIN
oklahoma -4.5 WIN
furman -7 WIN

lakers/timberwolves over 202 LOSS

ytd record:20-25-1

will have picks for today later.

glta

Old Post 01-11-05 06:28 PM
Redak is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Redak Edit post   Report post
Post A Reply

Last Message   Next Message

Quick Links: