StatFox.com - Sports Handicapping Community

The Leading Logic In Sports Handicapping

The FoxDen Forum : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 The FoxDen Forum > Sports Handicapping, Trends, and Stats > An NFL Observation?
Search The Fox Den Forum:

Subscribe to this Thread

Last Message   Next Message

Author
Message    Post A Reply
Traderpro
FoxDen Hall of Famer

An NFL Observation?

The NFL has had attendance issues this year and earlier in season I couldnt help but notice a lot of empty seats at many stadiums.But has anyone else noticed the networks not showing shots of seats over last few weeks to months, like they did earlier in year.Maybe my imagination, but
just seems like the camera shots of fans has dropped off over last year to possibly try to obscure the issue?

Old Post 01-14-18 05:17 PM
Traderpro is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Traderpro Click here to Send Traderpro a Private Message Edit post   Report post
ronnie111
FoxDen Hall of Famer

i think a lot of people got fed up with all the national anthem controversy. this frigid weather also a detriment to sit there and freeze your nuggies off.

Old Post 01-14-18 05:28 PM
ronnie111 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ronnie111 Click here to Send ronnie111 a Private Message Edit post   Report post
geg1951
FoxDen Hall of Famer

yes i have !

GARY / GARLAND TEXAS...... RETIRED
---------------------------------------------------

Old Post 01-14-18 05:34 PM
geg1951 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for geg1951 Click here to Send geg1951 a Private Message Edit post   Report post
burytheb
FoxDen Hall of Famer

oh ya

its the liberal media not wanting to feed into the issue non attendance due to the "taking the knee" lets boycott issue.

Burytheb

Old Post 01-14-18 05:46 PM
burytheb is offline Click Here to See the Profile for burytheb Click here to Send burytheb a Private Message Edit post   Report post
Traderpro
FoxDen Hall of Famer

ok, just wandering . Its interesting how people who have respect for flag protested not only with effectiveness($$$) but also without violence and with dignity. The NFL has a major image and market problem as my guess is many of those tuning out are 40+ crowd that are harder to get back then a younger market.Maybe getting a comissioner with some backbone would be a good start in right direction!

Old Post 01-14-18 05:47 PM
Traderpro is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Traderpro Click here to Send Traderpro a Private Message Edit post   Report post
Traderpro
FoxDen Hall of Famer

burytheb

Yes, that has been going on for 2 yrs now with MSM. Trying to moot effectiveness of boycott. This is why so many people, even middle of road types like myself who dont care a lot for Trump, dont trust them(MSM) nor respect them.

Old Post 01-14-18 05:50 PM
ronnie111
FoxDen Hall of Famer

they are still more credible than the brainwashed fox news cretins.

Old Post 01-14-18 06:11 PM
ronnie111 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ronnie111 Click here to Send ronnie111 a Private Message Edit post   Report post
Sherlock
FoxDen Hall of Famer

According to the official numbers from yesterday's games:

Philadelphia - 67,596 100%
New England - 65,898 96%

Nothing significant!

Whenever you could see a shot of the crowd, it looked pretty packed to me.

There will always be a few lemmings.

Old Post 01-14-18 06:12 PM
Sherlock is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Sherlock Click here to Send Sherlock a Private Message Edit post   Report post
Traderpro
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Thanks Sherlock, I wasent just referencing yesterdays game, but last 2 seasons and this yr in particular.I saw a few games earlier in season where attendance was reported high but there were tons of empty seats.I guess people purchased and then decided not to go to event.

Old Post 01-14-18 06:23 PM
Tex
FoxDen Hall of Famer

those games yesterday restored a little credibility to entertainment. The wild card round was an embarrassment, I think. Who wants to watch teams punt back and forth for three hours. Screw old school football, let er fly, JMHO

give a man a fish, you feed him for a day, teach a man to fish, he'll sit in a boat and drink beer all day"

Old Post 01-15-18 10:43 PM
Tex is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Tex Click here to Send Tex a Private Message Edit post   Report post
Traderpro
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Tex, I thought 2nd game was great,good crisp football.The Steeler performance was an absolute embarassment,so not sure I am with you on that one.

Old Post 01-15-18 11:10 PM
Tex
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Guess I am biased cuzz my nfl playoff total of the year was on the pitt jax game over 41. Realizing in nfl when a team sucks that bad on offense(jax) one week, they usually turn it around the next. And Pitt without Shazier is a defense with no direction. They both went over.. Lol.. course I did not get paid double. But shared it with several friends who were very happy with my call..

I would post my picks more often on here, but there are too many lurking critical dickheads when you don't hit 100% they wanna bash

give a man a fish, you feed him for a day, teach a man to fish, he'll sit in a boat and drink beer all day"

Old Post 01-16-18 03:33 AM
Tex is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Tex Click here to Send Tex a Private Message Edit post   Report post
Post A Reply

Last Message   Next Message

Quick Links: