StatFox.com - Sports Handicapping Community

The Leading Logic In Sports Handicapping

The FoxDen Forum : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 The FoxDen Forum > Sports Handicapping, Trends, and Stats > 2014 NFL HOF Game
Search The Fox Den Forum:

Subscribe to this Thread

Last Message   Next Message

Author
Message    Post A Reply
Sherlock
FoxDen Hall of Famer

2014 NFL HOF Game

After a few months of R & R, I'm ready to throw out the first bet of the 2014 NFL preseason.

Time for all of us NFL junkies to get their first fix of the year.

Who cares if it's just preseason - it's NFL FOOTBALL and that's all that matters.

This year's HALL OF FAME GAME at Fawcett Stadium in Canton, Ohio, pits the New York Giants against the Buffalo Bills.

The HALL OF FAME GAME is one of the few games where sentimentality sometimes creeps in.

I've seen it happen before in this game and I have a feeling that it just may happened here again tonight.

In March of this year, 95 year old Ralph Wilson, the founder and owner of the Buffalo Bills, passed away.

He was one of the founding owners of the American Football League (AFL), the league with which the NFL merged in 1970.

He was the last of the original AFL owners to own his team and he was inducted into the HALL OF FAME in 2009.

Also, factor in Jim Kelly's health problems and that this year, his WR Andre Reed is being inducted into the HALL.

Plus, according to Forbes magazine, the sale of the Buffalo Bills has evolved into an event Ringling Bros and Barnum & Baily would have been proud of.

The Bills haven't been in the Playoffs for 15 years and have had only one winning season during that time.

I may be way off base with all of this but this may be a case where sentimentality is an underlying factor.

I'll take a shot with the Buffalo Bills -3.

Good Luck Everyone

Old Post 08-04-14 12:04 AM
Sherlock is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Sherlock Click here to Send Sherlock a Private Message Edit post   Report post
IrishMule
FoxDen Hall of Famer

I agree Mr. Holmes......

Add in the fact, the Giants have a new OC, and are attempting to put in the hurry-up West Coast offense. The Bills for me as well.

BOL!!

Let us be thankful for the fools. But for them, the rest of us could not succeed.
Mark Twain

''Life's tough ........it's even tougher if you're stupid...''
-- John Wayne

"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
Benjamin Franklin

'Life isn't about
how to survive the storm.....But how to dance in the
rain.'
TheMule

Old Post 08-04-14 01:50 AM
IrishMule is offline Click Here to See the Profile for IrishMule Click here to Send IrishMule a Private Message Edit post   Report post
Post A Reply

Last Message   Next Message

Quick Links: