StatFox.com - Sports Handicapping Community

The Leading Logic In Sports Handicapping

The FoxDen Forum : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 The FoxDen Forum > Sports Handicapping, Trends, and Stats > sports stock market
Search The Fox Den Forum:

Subscribe to this Thread
Pages (16): « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 »

Last Message   Next Message

Author
Message    Post A Reply
SugarHill
StatFox Hall of Famer

They are splitting right now. Happens every night.

Old Post 10-25-08 07:03 AM
SugarHill is offline Click Here to See the Profile for SugarHill Click here to Send SugarHill a Private Message Edit post   Report post
Randizzle14
FoxDen Hall of Famer

whew..

scared me a little....

Old Post 10-25-08 07:04 AM
Randizzle14 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Randizzle14 Click here to Send Randizzle14 a Private Message Edit post   Report post
apk2k6

Ya they're splitting and etc. just a little work. Nothing to worry about.

Where can I see my personal % gain for the day? I didn't make the list like you Randizzle :)

Old Post 10-25-08 07:05 AM
apk2k6 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for apk2k6 Click here to Send apk2k6 a Private Message Edit post   Report post
dld3151
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Click on My Account and you can see your profit for the day. Not sure if it'll be showing right now, or at least until maintenence is done.

Yes, the more players the better. This thing has received a good bit of press since Oct. 1, when it launched. Check out the amount of $$$ involved in trades. It's way into the millions.

Old Post 10-25-08 07:07 AM
dld3151 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for dld3151 Click here to Send dld3151 a Private Message Edit post   Report post
apk2k6

I've always noticed the graph on the right, which I thought was the total value of my "sportfolio". There's also a % gain per day there as well? It's not showing right now like you said.

Old Post 10-25-08 07:08 AM
apk2k6 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for apk2k6 Click here to Send apk2k6 a Private Message Edit post   Report post
Randizzle14
FoxDen Hall of Famer

apk

dont sweat it...i'll chalk today down as luck. Prolly won't happen again...lol

Old Post 10-25-08 07:10 AM
Randizzle14 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Randizzle14 Click here to Send Randizzle14 a Private Message Edit post   Report post
dld3151
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Google search Oneseason.com and you can find several articles about it.

It's gonna be tough to sleep tonight. My butt's outta that bed at 7:30 a.m. Central.

2013 college football contest co-champion

Old Post 10-25-08 07:11 AM
dld3151 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for dld3151 Click here to Send dld3151 a Private Message Edit post   Report post
apk2k6

It's closed tomorrow.

October 24, 2008 – 6:34 pm

OneSeason Trading will be closed on Saturdays for the foreseeable future in order to allow us to keep developing as an engineering organization. Trading will resume at the scheduled market open on Sunday at 9:00 a.m. Eastern Time. Please use the day off to catch up with loved ones and office work before another week of Trading begins!

Old Post 10-25-08 07:13 AM
dld3151
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Actually, that's good. It'll give me some time to think about the possibilities and kick more $$$ over there. Not to mention watch some college football.

Old Post 10-25-08 07:21 AM
apk2k6

Haha exactly. My girlfriend has been wondering what's been taking up my time so much too, this thing is addictive.

I'll spend the day with her and I'm usually busy on Saturdays anyways. A day off is a good thing.

Old Post 10-25-08 07:25 AM
redwingxix

I saw you at the top of the pile and had to stop in to say nice job yesterday, Randizzle.

I got in on the second day this site started with the free $10 and then I added thirty of my own. My sportfolio is at $2600 today. I'm not claiming any great trading acumen, I'm just barely outperfroming market growth. It is really fun and is a nice diversion from that takes up a lot less time than handicapping.

I would definitely get in now if anyone hasn't already. Watching the market size over the last three days the market size was at $3,682,438 thursday, friday morning it started at $5,469,196.07 and right now it sits at $11,119,478.08. So there is plenty of new money coming in driving the prices up and splittting shares. I did pretty well on buying 14 shares of OWENs yesterday that split 4-1. But I'm pretty sure that they award the IPOs to people that trade a lot. I still can't believe the YAO IPO did what it did.

They've also slowed the ipo releases from three a day to one every three days or so, so people are trading a lot more rather than just waiting for the IPOs to come out. Anyway, get in while it's still early and enjoy if anyone was wondering.

IMHO, I like JCUT, KGAR AND DHOW to be the best performers when it opens up again.

Congrats again, Randizzle

Old Post 10-25-08 01:59 PM
redwingxix is offline Click Here to See the Profile for redwingxix Click here to Send redwingxix a Private Message Edit post   Report post
redwingxix

JETR also looks like a really good buy on sunday. Enjoy the weekend, all.

Some, they may go for cocaine.But I'm sure that if I took even one sniff, it would bore me terrifically, too.

Old Post 10-25-08 02:11 PM
redwingxix is offline Click Here to See the Profile for redwingxix Click here to Send redwingxix a Private Message Edit post   Report post
undersNdogs
FoxDen Hall of Famer

there may be real money to be made here

I put $626 in the market today KOBE, YAOM,CROS I'm up to $708

the site is obviously under a lot of strain from the traffic, money is pouring in, this is the ground floor. Now the trick will be to get out before everyone who is pouring money into this market (up to 14milion in a week or 2) realizes that there is no basis for the value of thes SOIs. I can see the popularity growing for months though before this sets in.

Old Post 10-26-08 03:52 PM
undersNdogs is offline Click Here to See the Profile for undersNdogs Click here to Send undersNdogs a Private Message Edit post   Report post
dld3151
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Up 10 percent the first hour today. Gonna buy 3 more players, then sit back and see where it finishes tonight.

Old Post 10-26-08 04:14 PM
HGC83
FoxDen Hall of Famer

since Thursday...

I am up $825 and it does not look like it is going to slow down.

Herbie

Old Post 10-26-08 05:15 PM
HGC83 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for HGC83 Click here to Send HGC83 a Private Message Edit post   Report post
Bytore
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Ok, who is going to try take money out first???

If memory serves correct, you have max a six month time frame to cash out at these horrendous rates of earning power.

Watch. The first step are usually delays in payment, due to some unforeseen event.

Like too many people withdrawing all at once! lol!

You need to run a rough compound interest calculation to see the games limits. Once you know the limits, think of poker. For in the end, that is what these games are.

Fancy games of poker. Hold too long, and you will go bust.

Not surprisingly, most search engines will tell you it is a pyramid scheme. That is because it is. A legalized method to play them has never been invented, and I doubt this one can survive.

As a side note, be careful. The SEC is certainly watching. They shut down the only legalized one ever invented. And they seized all the funds put into the game.

People were paid pennies on the dollar. In the end, the game won the last court battle, but the legal war so destroyed the concept, it was never able to rebound. And it was licenced offshore as a game to boot.

It's Sunday, so ask Jesus about compound interest...

http://www.funk.co.nz/java/jesus-investment.html

If your curious, this was the game.

You will never find a good un-biased article, so this will have to do!

http://www.wired.com/wired/archive/8.09/stock.html

P.S. Not against anyone playing this. Just trying to help you cash out and not go bust! lol!

"Today's Tom Sawyer, he gets high on you
And the space he invades, he gets by on you..."

RUSH

Old Post 10-26-08 05:21 PM
Bytore is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bytore Click here to Send Bytore a Private Message Edit post   Report post
Randizzle14
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Bytore....

If you had money in this....what would be your time frame as of right now to cash out?? 1 week? 3 weeks? 2 months?....I've already tripled investment, but its been 2 days...lol...just want to make sure i get my money.

Old Post 10-26-08 05:28 PM
HGC83
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Just give me till the end of the year...

and I will cash out a happy man.

Herbie

Old Post 10-26-08 05:32 PM
HGC83 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for HGC83 Click here to Send HGC83 a Private Message Edit post   Report post
dld3151
FoxDen Hall of Famer

The rally on Ball Street

The 4 players I bought at 10:30 p.m. Thursday night have now doubled. Basically, that's happened in 15 hours on Friday and 2 hours today.

I put in $100 Thursday night, and that original amount is now over $200. I added $500 this morning, bought 5 more players, and now they're starting to jump in value. What's really going to be interesting for me is what happens tomorrow after another set of splits. I've got $600 of my own money at work right now, and my account is approaching $800. That's almost 33 percent overall in about 17 hours.

Percentage-wise, this is sick! If you can average just a 25-percent gain per day, your bank will almost double in three days.

I haven't even started actual trading. I'm just sitting back and watching in amazement. All the while, new money continues to pour in. I'll get out of buy-and-hold mode today and do a few trades to speed up the process.

How long it'll last is anybody's guess.

Old Post 10-26-08 05:41 PM
dld3151
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Bytore

I'm thinking a month before I totally cash out. I hear what you're saying, and I agree the bubble will burst at some point.

Old Post 10-26-08 05:46 PM
Post A Reply

Pages (16): « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 »   Last Message   Next Message

Quick Links: