StatFox.com - Sports Handicapping Community

The Leading Logic In Sports Handicapping

The FoxDen Forum : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 The FoxDen Forum > Sports Handicapping, Trends, and Stats > Gold Cup
Search The Fox Den Forum:

Subscribe to this Thread
Pages (6): « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 »

Last Message   Next Message

Author
Message    Post A Reply
bawlmer
FoxDen Hall of Famer

No Davies in the starting 11

Old Post 07-15-17 03:08 AM
bawlmer is offline Click Here to See the Profile for bawlmer Click here to Send bawlmer a Private Message Edit post   Report post
HoustonFan
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Very surprising

"Just Got Paid" -- ZZ Top
2008,2009 NCAA HOF Battle of the Brackets Champion

Old Post 07-15-17 04:00 AM
HoustonFan is offline Click Here to See the Profile for HoustonFan Click here to Send HoustonFan a Private Message Edit post   Report post
msudogs

let's get after it today
GL

Old Post 07-15-17 08:54 AM
msudogs is offline Click Here to See the Profile for msudogs Click here to Send msudogs a Private Message Edit post   Report post
HoustonFan
FoxDen Hall of Famer

The ship needs turned around here.

Old Post 07-15-17 03:38 PM
HoustonFan is offline Click Here to See the Profile for HoustonFan Click here to Send HoustonFan a Private Message Edit post   Report post
msudogs

bawlmer

this just may be your kind of day
GL

Old Post 07-15-17 08:54 PM
msudogs is offline Click Here to See the Profile for msudogs Click here to Send msudogs a Private Message Edit post   Report post
HoustonFan
FoxDen Hall of Famer

sat 7/15 GC

This are getting tough to call. I'll take another stab.

Martinigue / Panama - Draw +184
Both Teams Score +105

USA/Nicaragua - Guzan has been in excellent form in goal, and Nicaragua is horrible and only has one goal. Overall I have not been impressed at all with the USA group out there. I only see 2 to 3 of these guys playing next year in Russia. My play is:

A team is scoreless -165

Old Post 07-15-17 09:39 PM
bawlmer
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Please tell me more msu...

Old Post 07-15-17 09:43 PM
bawlmer is offline Click Here to See the Profile for bawlmer Click here to Send bawlmer a Private Message Edit post   Report post
isdativan
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Martinique +0.5
USA o3

gl guys, soccer season just around the corner

I'm like a walking accident.
Everywhere I go, I wreck.

Old Post 07-15-17 10:21 PM
isdativan is offline Click Here to See the Profile for isdativan Click here to Send isdativan a Private Message Edit post   Report post
bawlmer
FoxDen Hall of Famer

On the fence but played the over

Old Post 07-15-17 10:23 PM
HoustonFan
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Martinigue/Panama - Draw - L
Both teams to score - L....unbelievable! two straight shots off the crossbar by Martinique at the end...****

Lets add USA / Ni O3 since USA now needs to win by 3 to avoid Costa Rica in the quarterfinals

Old Post 07-16-17 12:30 AM
HoustonFan
FoxDen Hall of Famer

USA/Nic - a team scoreless...W
O3....P

Old Post 07-16-17 03:21 AM
msudogs

As reigning champions, many believed Mexico would sail through this group, but the stubbornness of Jamaica has halted their advance.

The Mexicans were 3-1 winners against El Salvador in their opening game as Elias Hernandez took the opportunity to shine.

The winger scored and provided two assists, with his country missing a host of top names absent from the competition.

The Liga MX talent gave manager Juan Carlos Osorio thoughts of excitement, but Mexico were stopped in their tracks against the Reggae Boyz.

amaica held out for a goalless draw against Mexico, taking qualification down to the final game.

El Tri are unlikely to be worried about facing Curacao—a side who are yet to find the back of the net and have conceded four at the Gold Cup.

Even with a depleted squad, Osorio should have too much talent at his disposal not to win the encounter.

However, Curacao topped their group at the 2017 Caribbean Cup but have appeared short of the quality to compete on a bigger stage.

El Salvador have an improving set of players in their ranks, but it will be a shock if they eliminate the Jamaicans.

Los Cuscatlecos kept pace with Mexico for long periods of their first game at the tournament, but with Jamaica needing just a draw, qualification appears unlikely.

Old Post 07-16-17 10:28 PM
eagleseye13
FoxDen Hall of Famer

everything is juiced beyond value, prolly sit this one out and wait for elimination stages plus MLS comes back Wednesday..

eagleseye13

"It doesn't matter who wins the game, it matters who covers"

2014 MLB Season Contest 2nd place +1985 (59-35-3)

Old Post 07-16-17 10:58 PM
eagleseye13  is offline Click Here to See the Profile for eagleseye13 Click here to Send eagleseye13  a Private Message Edit post   Report post
eagleseye13
FoxDen Hall of Famer

going with Jamaica PK -135

eagleseye13

"It doesn't matter who wins the game, it matters who covers"

2014 MLB Season Contest 2nd place +1985 (59-35-3)

Old Post 07-16-17 11:57 PM
eagleseye13  is offline Click Here to See the Profile for eagleseye13 Click here to Send eagleseye13  a Private Message Edit post   Report post
msudogs

The group stage at the 2017 Gold Cup is now complete and eight teams will battle to become CONCACAF champions.

While the tournament started with 12 squads competing in a round-robin format, the stakes are now higher with one loss being enough to send a team home. Adjusted rosters also give the nations a chance to provide a higher quality of competition for the remaining matchups.

Mexico or the United States have combined to win this tournament 12 of 13 times, but anything can happen in the coming rounds.

Quarterfinal Schedule

July 19: Costa Rica vs. Panama (6 p.m. ET)

July 19: United States vs. El Salvador (9 p.m. ET)

July 20: Mexico vs. Honduras (10:30 p.m. ET)

July 20: Jamaica vs. Canada (7:30 p.m. ET)

Old Post 07-17-17 09:14 AM
HoustonFan
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Sat out yesterday. I agree with Eagle, there was no value. I'll wait until Wed, for the quarterfinals.

Old Post 07-17-17 02:54 PM
bawlmer
FoxDen Hall of Famer

USA total should settle at 3 (-) by game time. Dont sleep on El Salvador. They got a few guys who could grab a goal or two. Think the USA still wins but could be a good spot for the over.

Lot of the other totals sure look tempting!

Old Post 07-18-17 12:00 AM
msudogs

now's the time to look at DRAWS, this 1st match looks like a nice one
GL

Old Post 07-19-17 09:38 AM
HoustonFan
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Wed 7/19 Quarterfinals

Looking at these, I expect one coy tight affair, and another to be more free form, and hopefully high scoring. Here are my plays:

Panama/Costa Rica - Draw - +204
also U1.5,2 +108..I would not be surprised to see 0-0 after 90+.

USA/El Salvador - USA -1.5 -129 and O2.5,3 -130 here. Looking for a free flowing affair. El Salvador has a couple of good strikers, but USA is the far superior team. I expect Arena to start several of the veterans he brought in. They will go for the win hopefully.

Old Post 07-19-17 02:33 PM
geg1951
FoxDen Hall of Famer

no luck last few days of soccer ...... for the price of a 6 inch meatball sub , maybe i eat steak tomorrow !!

parlay..........

SOC Costa Rica DRAW +196

SOC USA DRAW +510

Risking: $5 To Win: $85.28

GARY / GARLAND TEXAS...... RETIRED
---------------------------------------------------

Old Post 07-19-17 03:14 PM
geg1951 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for geg1951 Click here to Send geg1951 a Private Message Edit post   Report post
Post A Reply

Pages (6): « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 »   Last Message   Next Message

Quick Links: