StatFox.com - Sports Handicapping Community

The Leading Logic In Sports Handicapping

The FoxDen Forum : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 The FoxDen Forum > FoxDen Lounge > America
Search The Fox Den Forum:

Subscribe to this Thread
Pages (14): « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »

Last Message   Next Message

Author
Message    Post A Reply
Bytore
FoxDen Hall of Famer

I am at a friend's house Markinc.

He is passed out totally. Playing the song is risk!!!

Wait!!!

I gamble!!! lol!!!

"Today's Tom Sawyer, he gets high on you
And the space he invades, he gets by on you..."

RUSH

Old Post 01-05-13 07:05 AM
Bytore is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bytore Click here to Send Bytore a Private Message Edit post   Report post
Bytore
FoxDen Hall of Famer

I will solve the murder Markinc. Be ready... : )

RUSH

Old Post 01-05-13 07:07 AM
Bytore is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bytore Click here to Send Bytore a Private Message Edit post   Report post
markinc7
FoxDen Hall of Famer

We Had Guts

Those of You Born
1930 - 1979

TO ALL THE KIDS WHO SURVIVED THE
1930's, 40's, 50's, 60's and 70'

First, we survived being born to mothers
Who smoked and/or drank while they were
Pregnant.

They took aspirin, ate blue cheese dressing,
Tuna from a can and didn't get tested for diabetes.

Then after that trauma, we were put to sleep on our tummies in baby cribs covered with bright colored lead-base paints.

We had no childproof lids on medicine bottles,
Locks on doors or cabinets and when we rode
Our bikes, we had baseball caps not helmets on our heads.

As infants & children,
We would ride in cars with no car seats,
No booster seats, no seat belts, no air bags, bald tires and sometimes no brakes.

Riding in the back of a pick-up truck on a warm day
Was always a special treat.

We drank water
>From the garden hose and not from a bottle.

We shared one soft drink with four friends,
>From one bottle and no one actually died from this.

We ate cupcakes, white bread, real butter and bacon..
We drank Kool-Aid made with real white sugar.
And, we weren't overweight.
WHY?

Because we were
Always outside playing...that's why!

We would leave home in the morning and play all day,
As long as we were back when the
Streetlights came on.

No one was able
To reach us all day. And, we were O.K.

We would spend hours building our go-carts out of scraps
And then ride them down the hill, only to find out
We forgot the brakes. After running into the bushes
a few times, we learned to solve the problem.

We did not have Playstations, Nintendo's and X-boxes.
There were no video games, no 150 channels on cable,
No video movies or DVD's, no surround-sound or CD's,
No cell phones, No personal computers, no Internet and no chat rooms. WE HAD FRIENDS
And we went outside and found them!

We fell out of trees, got cut, broke bones and teeth
And there were no lawsuits from these accidents.

We ate worms and mud pies made from dirt,
And the worms did not live in us
Forever.

We were given BB guns for our 10th birthdays,
Made up games with sticks and tennis balls and,
Although we were told it would happen,
We did not put out very many eyes.

We rode bikes or walked to a friend's house and
Knocked on the door or rang the bell, or just
Walked in and talked to them.

Little League had tryouts and not everyone made the team.
Those who didn't had to learn to deal
With disappointment.
Imagine that!!

The idea of a parent bailing us out if we broke the law
Was unheard of.
They actually sided with the law!

These generations have produced some of the best
Risk-takers, problem solvers and inventors ever.

The past 50 years
Have been an explosion of innovation and new ideas.
We had freedom, failure, success and responsibility,
and we learned how to deal with it all.

If YOU are one of them?
CONGRATULATIONS!
You might want to share this with others
who have had the luck to grow up as kids, before the
lawyers and the government regulated so much of our lives
for our own good .

While you are at it, forward it to your kids so they will know
how brave and lucky their parents were.

Kind of makes you want to run through the house
with scissors, doesn't it ?

The quote of the
month is by Jay Leno:
"With hurricanes, tornados, fires out of control,
mud slides, flooding, severe thunderstorms
tearing up the country from one end to another,
and with the threat of swine flu
and terrorist attacks.
Are we sure this is a good time
to take God out of the Pledge of Allegiance?'

IN GOD WE TRUST

"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."
Thomas Jefferson

"No problem can be solved from the same level of consciousness that created it."
Albert Einstein

Old Post 02-01-13 11:58 PM
markinc7 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for markinc7 Click here to Send markinc7 a Private Message Edit post   Report post
ronnie111
FoxDen Hall of Famer

how true....i always wonder how the world survived without all this social media junk. we must have had actual conversations. what a concept.

Old Post 02-02-13 03:39 PM
ronnie111 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ronnie111 Click here to Send ronnie111 a Private Message Edit post   Report post
markinc7
FoxDen Hall of Famer

In the year 2013, the Lord came unto Noah, Who was now living in America and said:
"Once again, the earth has become wicked and over-populated, and I see the end of all flesh before me."

"Build another Ark and save 2 of every living thing along with a few good humans."
He gave Noah the blueprints, saying:
"You have 6 months to build theArk before I will start the unending rain for 40 days and 40 nights."

Six months later, the Lord looked down and saw Noah weeping in his yard - but no Ark."Noah!," He roared, "I'm about to start the rain! Where is the Ark?"

"Forgive me, Lord," begged Noah, "but things have changed."
"I needed a Building Permit."
"I've been arguing with the Boat Inspector about the need for a sprinkler system."

"My homeowners association claim that I've violated the
Neighborhood by-laws by building the Ark in my back yard and exceeding the height limitations. We had to go to the local Planning Committee for a decision."

"Then the City Council and the Electricity Company demanded a shed load of money for the future costs of moving power lines and other overhead obstructions, to clear the passage for the Ark's move to the sea. I told them that the sea would be coming to us, but they would hear none of it."

"Getting the wood was another problem. There's a ban on cutting local trees in order to save the Greater Spotted Barn Owl."
"I tried to convince the environmentalists that I needed the wood to save the owls - but no go!"

"When I started gathering the animals, PETA took me to court. They insisted that I was confining wild animals against their will. They argued the accommodations were too restrictive and
it was cruel and inhumane to put so many animals in a confined space."

"Then the Environmental Protection Agency ruled that I couldn't build the Ark until they'd conducted an environmental impact study on Your proposed flood."

"I'm still trying to resolve a complaint with the Human Rights Commission on how many minorities I'm supposed to hire for my building crew."

"The Immigration Dept. Is checking the visa status of most of the people who want to work."
"The labor unions say I can't use my sons. They insist I have to hire only union workers with ark-building experience."

"To make matters worse, the IRS seized all my assets, claiming I'm trying to leave the country illegally with endangered species."
"So, forgive me, Lord, but it would take at least 10 years for me to finish this ark."

"Suddenly the skies cleared, the sun began to shine and a rainbow stretched across the sky."

Noah looked up in wonder and asked, "You mean you're not going to destroy the world?"

"No," said the Lord. " The Government beat me to it."

"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."
Thomas Jefferson

"No problem can be solved from the same level of consciousness that created it."
Albert Einstein

Old Post 03-18-13 02:31 PM
markinc7 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for markinc7 Click here to Send markinc7 a Private Message Edit post   Report post
markinc7
FoxDen Hall of Famer

AMERICA

DIALOG BETWEEN LIBERAL LADY INTERVIEWER
WITH A MALE GUN ENTHUSIAST:

Lady Interviewer: Do you shoot often?

Man: Yes.

Lady Interviewer: How much do you shoot at the target range?

Man: Around 3 boxes of ammo give or take.

Lady Interviewer: How much does a box cost?

Man: Roughly $30.00 at a sporting goods store

Lady Interviewer: And how long have you been target shooting?

Man: 35 years.

Lady Interviewer: You are shooting about four times a month at a cost of about $150.00, so that's $600 each month and you're spending about $7,200 per year, right?

Man: Correct.

Lady Interviewer: If in 1 year you spend $7,200 on ammo, not accounting for inflation, 35 years puts your spending roughly $252,000; correct?

Man: Correct.

Lady Interviewer: Did it ever occur to you that if you never shot guns for the past 35 years you'd have enough money for a brand new Ferrari?

Man: Do you shoot?

Lady Interviewer: No.

Man: So, where's your DAMN Ferrari?

I know, me too.
Have a nice day!

"The problems we face today exist because

the people who work for a living are

outnumbered by those who vote for a living."

Thomas Jefferson

Albert Einstein

Old Post 05-14-13 10:05 PM
markinc7
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Now something SERIOUS

Old Post 05-19-13 04:34 PM
markinc7
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Thomas Jefferson

Albert Einstein

Old Post 05-25-13 11:47 PM
Bytore
FoxDen Hall of Famer

I am Indian Markinc.

Metis.

i need to go to war.

Could use a loan.

I knew I was Metis, but now I get papers. I get to hunt on lands, owned by the government.

How moch does a howistzer coss???

How big is A MOOSE???

RUSH

Old Post 06-02-13 11:24 PM
Bytore
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Check your laws.

Canada, just wrote in, they can do like Cyprus. Seize the rich.

The primeminister says he will not do it, but approved and wrote the law.

The whole goal, of all I have done, was to do a translate.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KcdSWfWSqGE

RUSH

Old Post 06-02-13 11:31 PM
markinc7
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Watch out !

http://foxnewsinsider.com/2013/06/1... +News+Insider)

Thomas Jefferson

Albert Einstein

Old Post 06-13-13 01:10 PM
markinc7
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Wow,

has the facade started to crack? Is there hope those still under the ether of liberal guilt come to in time to stop further erosion of our constitution? Read the following.............unthinkable assessment in Newsweek prior, huh?

AMAZING!!!

Finally, Matt Patterson and Newsweek speak out about Obama. This is timely and tough. As many of you know, Newsweek has a reputation for being extremely liberal. The fact that their editor saw fit to print the following article about Obama and the one that appears in the latest Newsweek, makes this a truly amazing event, and a news story in and of itself. At last, the truth about our President and his agenda are starting to trickle through the “protective wall” built around him by the liberal media....

'Humpty Dumpty sat on a wall, Humpty Dumpty had a great fall [he fell down & broke his crown... All the kings horses and all the kings men, couldn't put Humpty together again....'

By Matt Patterson (Newsweek Columnist)

Years from now, historians may regard the 2008 election of Barack Obama as an inscrutable and disturbing phenomenon, the result of a baffling breed of mass hysteria akin perhaps to the witch craze of the Middle Ages. How, they will wonder, did a man so devoid of professional accomplishment beguile so many into thinking he could manage the world's largest economy, direct the world's most powerful military, execute the world's most consequential job?

Imagine a future historian examining Obama's pre-presidential life: ushered into and through the Ivy League, despite unremarkable grades and test scores along the way; a cushy non-job as a "community organizer;" a brief career as a state legislator devoid of legislative achievement (and in fact nearly devoid of his attention, less often did he vote "present"); and finally an unaccomplished single term in the United States Senate, the entirety of which was devoted to his presidential ambitions.

He left no academic legacy in academia, authored no signature legislation as a legislator. And then there is the matter of his troubling associations: the white-hating, America-loathing preacher who for decades served as Obama's "spiritual mentor;" a real-life, actual terrorist who served as Obama's colleague and political sponsor. It is easy to imagine a future historian looking at it all and asking: how on Earth was such a man elected president?

Not content to wait for history, the incomparable Norman Podhoretz addressed the question recently in the Wall Street Journal: To be sure, no white candidate who had close associations with an outspoken hater of America like Jeremiah Wright and an unrepentant terrorist like Bill Ayers, would have lasted a single day. But because Mr. Obama was black, and therefore entitled in the eyes of liberal Dom to have hung out with protesters against various American injustices, even if they were 'a bit' extreme, he was given a pass. Let that sink in: Obama was given a pass - held to a lower standard - because of the color of his skin.

Podhoretz continues: And in any case, what did such ancient history matter when he was also so articulate and elegant and (as he himself had said) "non-threatening," all of which gave him a fighting chance to become the first black president and thereby to lay the curse of racism to rest?

Podhoretz puts his finger, I think, on the animating pulse of the Obama phenomenon - affirmative action. Not in the legal sense, of course. But certainly in the motivating sentiment behind all affirmative action laws and regulations, which are designed primarily to make white people, and especially white liberals, feel good about themselves.

Unfortunately, minorities often suffer so that whites can pat themselves on the back. Liberals routinely admit minorities to schools for which they are not qualified, yet take no responsibility for the inevitable poor performance and high drop-out rates which follow. Liberals don't care if these minority students fail; liberals aren't around to witness the emotional devastation and deflated self-esteem resulting from the racist policy that is affirmative action. Yes, racist. Holding someone to a separate standard merely because of the color of his skin - that's affirmative action in a nutshell, and if that isn't racism, then nothing is.

And that is what... AMERICA ...did to Obama. True, Obama himself was never troubled by his lack of achievements, but why would he be? As many have noted, Obama was told he was good enough for Columbia despite undistinguished grades at Occidental; he was told he was good enough for the US Senate despite a mediocre record in Illinois; he was told he was good enough to be president despite no record at all in the Senate. All his life, every step of the way, Obama was told he was good enough for the next step, in spite of ample evidence to the contrary.

What could this breed if not the sort of empty narcissism on display every time Obama speaks? In 2008, many who agreed that he lacked executive qualifications nonetheless raved about Obama's oratory skills, intellect, and cool character. Those people – conservatives included - ought now to be deeply embarrassed.

The man thinks and speaks in the hoariest of clichés, and that's when he has his Teleprompters in front of him; when the prompter is absent he can barely think or speak at all. Not one original idea has ever issued from his mouth - it's all warmed-over Marxism of the kind that has failed over and over again for 100 years. (An example is his 2012 campaign speeches which are almost word for word his 2008 speeches)

And what about his character? Obama is constantly blaming anything and everything else for his troubles. Bush did it; it was bad luck; I inherited this mess. Remember, he wanted the job, campaigned for the task. It is embarrassing to see a president so willing to advertise his own powerlessness, so comfortable with his own incompetence. (The other day he actually came out and said no one could have done anything to get our economy and country back on track). But really, what were we to expect? The man has never been responsible for anything, so how do we expect him to act responsibly?

In short: our president is a small-minded man, with neither the temperament nor the intellect to handle his job. When you understand that, and only when you understand that, will the current erosion of liberty and prosperity make sense. It could not have gone otherwise with such an impostor in the Oval Office.

Old Post 07-02-13 11:56 PM
Bytore
FoxDen Hall of Famer

"All the kings horses and all the kings men, couldn't put Humpty together again....'"

Crazy Glue. They were out of stock...

RUSH

Old Post 07-16-13 05:51 AM
markinc7
FoxDen Hall of Famer

GLTA

Thomas Jefferson

Albert Einstein

Old Post 07-29-13 11:14 PM
markinc7
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Thomas Jefferson

Albert Einstein

Old Post 09-07-13 03:10 PM
markinc7
FoxDen Hall of Famer

W H A T . . . N E X T . . ?

Thomas Jefferson

Albert Einstein

Old Post 10-24-13 12:04 AM
markinc7
FoxDen Hall of Famer

NEXT

http://www.snopes.com/politics/business/blum.asp

Old Post 11-13-13 10:38 PM
markinc7
FoxDen Hall of Famer

To much shlt to chose from, SO

Old Post 12-15-13 12:29 AM
msudogs

bump

Old Post 01-28-14 06:34 PM
msudogs is offline Click Here to See the Profile for msudogs Click here to Send msudogs a Private Message Edit post   Report post
markinc7
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Must see

Very interesting

GLTA

Old Post 02-28-14 12:45 PM
Post A Reply

Pages (14): « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »   Last Message   Next Message

Quick Links: