StatFox.com - Sports Handicapping Community

The Leading Logic In Sports Handicapping

The FoxDen Forum : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 The FoxDen Forum > Sports Handicapping, Trends, and Stats > Looking to collaborate
Search The Fox Den Forum:

Subscribe to this Thread

Last Message   Next Message

Author
Message    Post A Reply
goldenstar
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Looking to collaborate

I haven't posted here in a long time because I haven't been handicapping. Since 2012, I've only posted two pick threads. Also since 2012, I've earned my MS in Data Analytics and work as an analyst for a Nasdaq listed company. I am finally at the point where I can fully committed to handicapping with as much free time as I have in any sport where I can get get data and find an advantage.

Here's what I'm specifically looking for:
A) Someone who is willing to trade data. I have play-by-play, team box score, and player box score data for the NBA for the previous five years. I also have team box score data for the NFL going back to 1985.

B) Someone who has a deep understanding of mathematical and/or statistical concepts.

C) Someone with a deep theoretical understanding of machine learning/predictive analytics.

PM me if interested in collaborating and you check any of the boxes above. I have a machine learning and database creation background and can code in R. My end goal is to create systems that are statistically rigorous and can be back tested.

It's time to take this to the next level.

Old Post 09-15-18 06:43 PM
goldenstar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for goldenstar Click here to Send goldenstar a Private Message Edit post   Report post
geg1951
FoxDen Hall of Famer

over my head ...LOL

nice to see you , hope for the best in your quest !

GARY / GARLAND TEXAS...... RETIRED
---------------------------------------------------

Old Post 09-15-18 11:30 PM
geg1951 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for geg1951 Click here to Send geg1951 a Private Message Edit post   Report post
ronnie111
FoxDen Hall of Famer

a hammer is high tech for me.

Old Post 09-16-18 12:13 AM
ronnie111 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ronnie111 Click here to Send ronnie111 a Private Message Edit post   Report post
goldenstar
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Anyone?

It's time to take this to the next level.

Old Post 09-21-18 05:57 PM
goldenstar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for goldenstar Click here to Send goldenstar a Private Message Edit post   Report post
Tex
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Don't even know if this is what you are talking about, but I would like to see a breakdown in NFL Like this

For a three year period or longer

Records of favs
Road Favs
1-2.5 fav
3-6.5 fav
7-9.5 fav
10-13.5 fav
14+fav

Home Favs

1-2.5 fav
3-6.5 fav
7-9.5 fav
10-13.5 fav
14+fav

Road dogs

Same parameters

Home Dogs

Same parameters.

give a man a fish, you feed him for a day, teach a man to fish, he'll sit in a boat and drink beer all day"

Old Post 09-21-18 07:32 PM
Tex is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Tex Click here to Send Tex a Private Message Edit post   Report post
Post A Reply

Last Message   Next Message

Quick Links: