StatFox.com - Sports Handicapping Community

The Leading Logic In Sports Handicapping

The FoxDen Forum : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 The FoxDen Forum > Sports Handicapping, Trends, and Stats > Bad Beats
Search The Fox Den Forum:

Subscribe to this Thread
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »

Last Message   Next Message

Author
Message    Post A Reply
detroitheart

another heartbreaker

Can sympathize w all these stories and unfortunately was on losing end of a few.

How about 2 wks ago. Had large bet on BYU over Idaho -40 1/2 with decent inside info HAHA.

BYU up by 42 w 1 min left, holds ID on 4th down in ID territory, ID punts, BYU fumbles ID recovers, w 8 or so sec left in the blistering cold/snow and on 1st play AND LAST PLAY of the game kicks a 40+ YARD FG , GAME ENDS BYU by 39 ?????? That one really made me wonder if there is a chance in this recreational activity ?

Old Post 11-27-12 02:06 AM
detroitheart is offline Click Here to See the Profile for detroitheart Click here to Send detroitheart a Private Message Edit post   Report post
kcgreene06
FoxDen Hall of Famer

LOL

Michigan State was way behind too! Enormous comeback and a last minute backdoor cover!

Old Post 11-27-12 02:06 AM
kcgreene06 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for kcgreene06 Click here to Send kcgreene06 a Private Message Edit post   Report post
Rbsurgeon

I had BYU too. That was my worst, ever.

Old Post 11-27-12 02:13 AM
Rbsurgeon is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Rbsurgeon Click here to Send Rbsurgeon a Private Message Edit post   Report post
pshinnamon
FoxDen Hall of Famer

One baseball game last year I bet the Mets at New york Yankees. Price was plus 175. Bottom of the ninth 2 outs bases loaded. Mets up 3 to 2. I had a dime on them to win 1775. Arod hits a pop fly to the second baseman. runners took of. forgot who the second basemen was but he was a GG winner. He gets under the ball and just plain drops it. Yanks win 4 to 3. I've had more but that one took the cake.

Pete

Terpman

Old Post 11-27-12 02:15 AM
pshinnamon is offline Click Here to See the Profile for pshinnamon Click here to Send pshinnamon a Private Message Edit post   Report post
pshinnamon
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Back in the 70's I was at Atlantic City Race Track with a jockey friend of mine who was riding up there. He had a horse that night at 1 1/16 on the turf. Had a very large bet on the horse. Horse was up by 20 with about 50 yards to go. my friend was under a hand ride about to win the race easily. A Fu-king seagull hits my horse inthe head. He bolts throught eh hedge prior to the finish line. Top that one!

Pete

Terpman

Old Post 11-27-12 02:18 AM
pshinnamon is offline Click Here to See the Profile for pshinnamon Click here to Send pshinnamon a Private Message Edit post   Report post
bigdaddy3213
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Speaking of baseball, I had a large wager on the over 9' in a Mets Playoff game several years ago. Bases were loaded and they were in extra innings tied 3-3. The only way I cover is if they get bases loaded and hit a grand slam. Well they got bases loaded and they hit the grand slam, the runner at third scores, the Mets win and the batter gets mugged by players between 1st and 2nd base and because he didn't finish running all the bases they didn't count the runs. Final score was 4-3! I lose...

I have many I could share, but thats one of the worst!

Old Post 11-27-12 02:35 AM
bigdaddy3213 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for bigdaddy3213 Click here to Send bigdaddy3213 a Private Message Edit post   Report post
bbaffert
StatFox Hall of Famer

Rough

I hate weekends like that.

My bad beat is stuck in my brain like it just happened. I missed a superfecta by a neck, it paid something like $40K. I was making like $8 an hour then. Wrecked me.

Old Post 11-27-12 02:44 AM
bbaffert is offline Click Here to See the Profile for bbaffert Click here to Send bbaffert a Private Message Edit post   Report post
ronnie111
FoxDen Hall of Famer

pete

that seagull story was unreal....the 2nd baseman who dropped the ball was luis castillo.

Old Post 11-27-12 03:58 AM
ronnie111 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ronnie111 Click here to Send ronnie111 a Private Message Edit post   Report post
pshinnamon
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Re Seagull

Ronnie I got so many of those race horse stories I could fill up this post with them. They are funny now but they were killers then.
Pete

Terpman

Old Post 11-27-12 01:00 PM
double11
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Some sad but great stories here. At least we can talk about it at the end of the day.

On to a new week guys!

Life can only be understood backwords. But it must be lived forward.

Old Post 11-27-12 05:13 PM
double11 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for double11 Click here to Send double11 a Private Message Edit post   Report post
pshinnamon
FoxDen Hall of Famer

One more

Claimed a horse for $12,500.00 back in the 70's. Horse broke down the day I claimed him. We rested the horse on the farm for over 1 year. got him back in training andwas looking for a pay day. Took him up to charlestown and had a trainer friend of my star him. We worked him over the trak at 3:30 in the morning and he ran like a bullet. Put him in a $2500.00 claiming race, Put bandages on him and hit him with the cocktail. got the worst jockey at CT to ride him. 2nd race of the daily double. I had him in $100.00 DD and bet as I remember $10K on him through books. Gave Jockey instructions to just take him to the lead hand ride him and what ever you do do whip him.
as the horse shied from the whip. The jock was a dipship named Orlando Costenada. Was a crossed eyed idiot. Told him I bet $200.00 for him which would have been a months pay. 7 F. on the dirt. Horse broke first and was 7 ahead when he hit the clubhouse turn on the backstretch he opened up by 15 and at the head of the stretch was on top by at least 20 lengths. Well the moron hit the horse with the whip, horse hit the rail and broke down with less than 100 feet to the finish line. Horse ran third. I jumped the rail and pulled he jock off the horse and beat so many knots on his head they had to take him to the hospital. I got thrown off the track for 5 years. Had to put the horse down that night. All in all the worst beat of my life.

Pete

Terpman

Old Post 11-27-12 11:33 PM
ronnie111
FoxDen Hall of Famer

that's a movie.

Old Post 11-28-12 12:00 AM
ronnie111 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ronnie111 Click here to Send ronnie111 a Private Message Edit post   Report post
pshinnamon
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Ronnie, I have alot of these as I was a degenerate gambler from 19 through age 26. ran a large book, played poker every night and had a lot of jokey friends. Pulled alot of double headers as well Md racing by day and either Charlestown or Penn National at night. don't know how I did it all and thank god the cops and the court room made me go straight.
pete

Terpman

Old Post 11-28-12 12:25 AM
ronnie111
FoxDen Hall of Famer

i was there, to a lesser extent. it was family or no family for me. we celebrated 40 yrs earlier this month. 12 were happy. kidding.

Old Post 11-28-12 12:32 AM
msandler
FoxDen Hall of Famer

i haven't been at it nearly as long as many of you have, but one of the worst football beat i can remember was when i had purdue +6' at minnesota in 2005. the boilermakers took a 21-20 lead with just over 4 minutes left to play. two plays into the ensuing minnesota drive, purdue intercepted a pass and ran it back for a TD to go up 28-20. minnesota got pinned back inside the 10 on the kickoff, and then sacked back to the 2 on the first play. from there they managed to go 98 yards(including a couple 4th down conversions) to score and converted the 2 point conversion to tie the game at 28. off to OT, purdue gets the ball first, scores a quick td to go back up by 7. minnesota answers back with a td on yet another 4th down to tie it. then in double OT, minnesota scores a TD and stops purdue for a 7 point win, to cover the 6' by a half point.

Old Post 11-28-12 12:47 AM
msandler is offline Click Here to See the Profile for msandler Click here to Send msandler a Private Message Edit post   Report post
ronnie111
FoxDen Hall of Famer

yesterday

i've got un 38.5 chi/sea. 4 min left score is 14-10 chi...sea is on own 3 yd line, that's a sure thing right. sea drives 97 yds for a td. now it's 17-14 sea. chi gets ball back with 24 sec left, one big pass play, then kick a 47 yd FG. of course in OT sea scores 6. 23-17 final.
ya gotta love it.

Old Post 12-03-12 03:40 PM
Tex
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Dallas punts with less than a minute left and 11 point lead. Got spread covered... Idiot philly player fields the punt at the one and runs it back 99 yds for the score... game over, for the dallas backers anyway..

give a man a fish, you feed him for a day, teach a man to fish, he'll sit in a boat and drink beer all day"

Old Post 12-03-12 04:17 PM
Tex is online now Click Here to See the Profile for Tex Click here to Send Tex a Private Message Edit post   Report post
ronnie111
FoxDen Hall of Famer

didn't see that, wow. how else can you have that much fun?

Old Post 12-03-12 04:51 PM
Vaioice
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Tex.... u just had to pour salt on the wound..

Took Dallas live -7.5+400 long shot but thought it had great value, and then thought i'd stuck gold... and then WHAM! BAM! Thx Cowgirls special teams coverage!

-V

Old Post 12-03-12 05:00 PM
Vaioice is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Vaioice Click here to Send Vaioice a Private Message Edit post   Report post
double11
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Read about that in the paper this morning.

30 seconds left.

Unreal...

P.S. came out green this weekend but Blair Walsh missing that 42yr field goal for a back door was painful also.

Old Post 12-03-12 05:03 PM
double11 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for double11 Click here to Send double11 a Private Message Edit post   Report post
Post A Reply

Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Last Message   Next Message

Quick Links: