StatFox.com - Sports Handicapping Community

The Leading Logic In Sports Handicapping

The FoxDen Forum : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 The FoxDen Forum > Sports Handicapping, Trends, and Stats > World Cup 2018
Search The Fox Den Forum:

Subscribe to this Thread
Pages (17): « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 »

Last Message   Next Message

Author
Message    Post A Reply
msudogs

Bet to Watch:
Under 2.5 goals +102

Brazil are the favorites to win the tournament and are obviously strong favorites against Switzerland, but it’s a mistake to think this match will be a blowout. Switzerland have a strong defensive side; they only conceded seven times during qualifying. Crucially, they don’t defend passively, but rather press higher up the field and interfere with their opponent’s midfield as they attempt to build an attack.

Switzerland’s weakness is their attack. They aren’t effective turning defense into offense, which isn’t surprising given that their most dangerous attacker is Xherdan Shaqiri, last seen getting relegated with Stoke City.

Brazil aren’t likely to be threatened by Switzerland, but overcoming the Swiss defense will be a challenge. Brazil’s ball-stopping midfield of Paulinho, Fernandinho and Casemiro are not creative passers. Thus, they will have a tough time passing through the Swiss press, and if the Brazilian wingers drop back to support them, that means they aren’t putting heat on the back line. Neymar is impossible to deal with, but as a defense, you’d rather deal with him around the halfway line than attacking the penalty area.

Brazil should take care of business here, but it seems unlikely they’ll slice Switzerland open to the tune of three, four or five goals. Expect them to have to do some heavy lifting to break Switzerland down before a special moment from one of their special attackers unlocks the door.

Old Post 06-17-18 04:20 PM
msudogs is offline Click Here to See the Profile for msudogs Click here to Send msudogs a Private Message Edit post   Report post
msudogs

BetShare
World Cup GER/MEX

Spread
GER (-1 & -1.5) 70%
MEX (+1 & +1.5) 30%

ML
Germany 50%
Mexico 22%
Draw 28%

Tot (2.5 & 3)
Ov 69%
Un 31%

Old Post 06-17-18 04:22 PM
msudogs is offline Click Here to See the Profile for msudogs Click here to Send msudogs a Private Message Edit post   Report post
geg1951
FoxDen Hall of Famer

06/17/2018

STRAIGHT BET
TNT - Correct Score (Germany vs Mexico)
Correct Score [3637636] Germany 4 - 0 Mexico +1924
Game start 06/17/2018 10:00 AM
Ticket #365238402
06/17/2018
09:53 AM

STRAIGHT BET
Correct Score [3637635] Germany 3 - 0 Mexico +1004
Ticket #365238401

STRAIGHT BET
Correct Score [3637634] Germany 2 - 0 Mexico +702

Old Post 06-17-18 04:58 PM
geg1951 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for geg1951 Click here to Send geg1951 a Private Message Edit post   Report post
Traderpro
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Not sure Mexico can sneak one in here, Neuer is so good. But like Mexicos energy early.

Old Post 06-17-18 05:28 PM
Traderpro is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Traderpro Click here to Send Traderpro a Private Message Edit post   Report post
msudogs

we have reverse now after the lineups

SOC [225242] TOTAL u2½-108 (SWITZERLAND vrs BRAZIL)

WC
1-0-1 +1.00

Old Post 06-17-18 07:36 PM
msudogs

SOC [225242] TOTAL u2½-108 (SWITZERLAND vrs BRAZIL)............W

WC
2-0-1 +2.00

Old Post 06-17-18 09:56 PM
Brutus5775
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Great Start

My Goal is to Make Money Not Gamble !!

Old Post 06-17-18 10:37 PM
Brutus5775 is online now Click Here to See the Profile for Brutus5775 Click here to Send Brutus5775 a Private Message Edit post   Report post
Traderpro
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Will have tomorrows plays up in a few while I get some time.
eagleseye13, you will like this.. LPW Sports actually had a 6* release on Mexico +676 for their clients! I thought about it as a play today here but couldnt pull triggar on it.

Old Post 06-17-18 11:00 PM
Traderpro is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Traderpro Click here to Send Traderpro a Private Message Edit post   Report post
msudogs

South Korea vs. Sweden, 8 a.m. ET Monday, Fox Sports 1
Sweden +116
South Korea +311
Draw +217
Bet to Watch
South Korea +311

One of the ramifications of Mexico’s shocking win over Germany is that it turns the pressure up on both Sweden and South Korea. These two sides were hoping or the Germans to defeat Mexico, opening the door for one of them to grab a stranglehold on second place in Group F. Not so fast. This group has now descended into chaos and I expect both Sweden and South Korea to go for the win on Monday morning.

Sweden are the more balanced of the two teams, but I think they are a bit overrated. Their best player, Emil Forsberg, is a maverick in the midfield and will shoulder the load for the Swedes. Forsberg, Marcus Berg and Ola Toivonen should provide some trouble for Korea’s mediocre backline.

Even though Sweden has more talent throughout it’s squad, the best player in this match is South Korea’s Son Heung-min. Son is an offensive dynamo, a trickster with a terrific soccer IQ. He will require a lot of Sweden’s attention. After Son, Ki Sung-yueng is the Asian side’s most important player. He is the engine of the squad and will be relied on to unlock the middle with his passing ability.

For South Korea to succeed in this match, they’ll need their other offensive players to open up space. That makes Lee Jae-sung’s a critical part of this game. He’s been fantastic in the K-League and is a versatile player who can open up space for Son to exploit.

Neither one of these teams will be expected to advance from Group F after Mexico’s win, but if they want to make it to the knockouts, they’ll need three points on Monday. That style should suit South Korea more than Sweden as the Reds have more game-breaking talent up front. At +311 the odds imply South Korea wins this match one out of every four times, and I think that’s very low, providing good value for bettors.

Old Post 06-17-18 11:32 PM
msudogs

Belgium vs. Panama, 11 a.m. ET Monday, Fox Sports 1
Belgium -565
Panama +2070
Draw +670
Bet to Watch
Belgium over 2.5 goals +109

On paper Belgium vs. Panama is a massive mismatch. Of all the opening fixtures in the World Cup, Belgium is the biggest favorite in a single match and for good reason.

Belgium breezed through UEFA qualifications, which is no easy task, even in a relatively weak group, and they averaged a whopping 4.3 goals per game across 10 qualifiers.

The Belgians are deploying a unique 3-4-2-1 system under Roberto Martinez. They have unlimited offensive potential with Kevin De Bruyne pulling the strings from deep to set up the likes of Eden Hazard, Romelu Lukaku and Dries Mertens. There are very few teams in the tournament that can boast the offensive firepower that Belgium possess, and they have proven over the last two years that they plan to fire full throttle and try to bury their opponents. In the lead up to the tournament, they played a Costa Rica team that is far superior to that of the Panamanians and the Red Devils absolutely picked them apart.

Panama punched their ticket for Russia on a fluke last matchday in CONCACAF qualifying. A certain team that shall not be named was a massive favorite to go through, but they lost to Trinidad & Tobago and allowed Panama to finish third. CONCACAF isn’t the gauntlet that UEFA or CONMEBOL are, and yet Panama finished with a negative goal differential during the qualification process. Thus, most people lumped Panama into the bottom tier of teams at the tournament along with Saudi Arabia. The Green Falcons fell to Russia, 5-0, in the opener, and I think we’ll see a similar result here.

Los Canaleros rely on a compact defense to get results, and while that may work against the likes of El Salvador or Jamaica, this is a completely different animal. The last time Panama faced a team that was on the same level as Belgium was in the 2016 Copa America, when they fell, 5-0, to Argentina and, 4-2, to the eventual champions Chile.

Look for goal-scoring chances to come early and often for Belgium and if the recent friendlies are any indication, they are in prime form to convert said chances.

Old Post 06-17-18 11:36 PM
msudogs

Sweden vs. South Korea, Group F
8 a.m. ET

The moneyline has fluctuated throughout the last month with Sweden bouncing up and down between +104 and +122.

As public bettors have maintained their support for Sweden with more than 65% of tickets. The draw is getting the least amount of attention (14% of bets) but has moved from +228 to +223.

Since opening, the total has dropped from 2.25 to 2 on the Asian handicap, and the juice is now on the under (-120). I wouldn’t be surprised to see a South Korea upset or 1-1 draw here.

Old Post 06-17-18 11:36 PM
msudogs

Belgium vs. Panama, Group G
11 a.m. ET

Belgium is the largest favorite in group action so far with -540 odds to beat Panama. It’s hard to see Los Canaleros having a chance here, but 23% of bets have come in on the huge upset at +1850.

The over/under is back to where it opened at 2.5 (o-140), and naturally, two-thirds of the bets will be rooting for goals. This should be a multi-goal win by Belgium; it’s just a matter of how many.

Old Post 06-17-18 11:44 PM
Traderpro
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Monday World Cup 6-18

3* Sweden vs South Korea Draw +202

Sweden allowed just under a goal a game in World Cup qualification games , so not sure South Korea can do much damage here. But Sweden with just 4 goals in last 9 friendlys and face an experienced South Korean team . South Korea gives an appealing look as underdog, but I think they will need 2 goals to win here and cant see more then 1. I think this ends 1-1. GL

Old Post 06-18-18 02:08 AM
HoustonFan
FoxDen Hall of Famer

I have been unable to contribute this weekend, as I was out of town and computerless. Thanks to crazy upsets and ties I never saw coming, my early picks sucked.

Now that Germany has lost, this makes tomorrow mornings Sweden/S Korea match more interesting. Sweden is the better side here, so I will play them. Also my wife is of Swedish decent. Since I picked Sweden it will probably end in a draw

Sweden ML +105

Belgium wins easily but no value at -525. Any ideas appreciated. England needs to show me something before I play them

"Just Got Paid" -- ZZ Top
2008,2009 NCAA HOF Battle of the Brackets Champion

Old Post 06-18-18 06:25 AM
HoustonFan is offline Click Here to See the Profile for HoustonFan Click here to Send HoustonFan a Private Message Edit post   Report post
Gush
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Have been very conservative thus far with the WC. Grabbed Serbia live yesterday after watching them dominate the first half without scoring a goal. Lost big on Brazil, thought they would come out and play like champiions after seeing the likes of Argentina draw and Germany lose just before there own match but they could manage just a draw vs a Swiss team they should have handled easily IMO.

Heres my plays for today:

Sweden tt over 1 -115
Belgium tt over 2.5 +110
Tunisia tt over 0.5 +110

England/Tunisia draw +340

GL

Old Post 06-18-18 01:54 PM
Gush is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Gush Click here to Send Gush a Private Message Edit post   Report post
HoustonFan
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Tailing the Belgium TT. Still on the fence on England

Old Post 06-18-18 02:31 PM
HoustonFan is offline Click Here to See the Profile for HoustonFan Click here to Send HoustonFan a Private Message Edit post   Report post
Traderpro
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Houstonfan, not a very appealing roster today for sure and I am on fence with England game as they still havent shown a lot in WC qualifiers or friendlys.

Old Post 06-18-18 03:14 PM
HoustonFan
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Trader, I agree. Sitting on the sidelines. England has shown me very little.

Old Post 06-18-18 05:36 PM
Traderpro
FoxDen Hall of Famer

GL Gush,England/Tunisia draw +340 is the best value on that game. I think England will keep Tunisia scoreless, will Tunisia turn trick?

Old Post 06-18-18 06:59 PM
Traderpro
FoxDen Hall of Famer

My radar is fixed on Russia +105 vs Egypt +298. But wondering if Egypt will recover from last minute loss to Uruguay. There is theory out there that the Saudi regular team was beaten by the 50+ Saudi All Star team and the 50+ was the one that played Russia in 5-0 loss.lol

Old Post 06-18-18 07:06 PM
Post A Reply

Pages (17): « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 »   Last Message   Next Message

Quick Links: