StatFox.com - Sports Handicapping Community

The Leading Logic In Sports Handicapping

The FoxDen Forum : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 The FoxDen Forum > Sports Handicapping, Trends, and Stats > Houston/Indy - BET THE SHED!
Search The Fox Den Forum:

Subscribe to this Thread
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »

Last Message   Next Message

Author
Message    Post A Reply
bbaffert
StatFox Hall of Famer

Houston/Indy - BET THE SHED!

I saw a line of -4.5 for Houston. I am guessing that is about right but really does not matter.

This has to be one of my favorite plays of the nfl so far. Grab some as soon as you get a line and the wait to see what the line does.

I have no need to wait.

Houston minus anything under 10.

They will dominate this game. The Indy line is just horrific and the Texans have one of the best in the NFL. JJ Watt will get his 2 sacks and tie the record and maybe break it. In the game just last week he got 3 and said he missed at least 2 more because he got thru the line so fast and easy.

I have had quite a few picks in the nfl and on a couple of plays I practically begged the wonderful people of this board to take them. They all won. This game is another one like that.

I will post more on it over the week but wanted to get it out there early. I have posted a few plays early and the last couple weeks they have went 6-0. I did lose a shed wager for the first time last night but I had no idea the Seattle crowd was that awesome. I know these two teams as well as any in football. Indy has no shot here. ABSOLUTELY NONE!

Just trust me on this one. Indy has zero chance in this game. I fully expect the Texans to have scrubs playing in the 4th quarter just like last week. Indy has to draft some offensive lineman or they will not beat the Texans for some years to come.

Old Post 12-24-12 07:11 PM
bbaffert is offline Click Here to See the Profile for bbaffert Click here to Send bbaffert a Private Message Edit post   Report post
bbaffert
StatFox Hall of Famer

Some places have line out at -6 to -7 right now. It may go up so grab it now if you can.

Old Post 12-25-12 09:25 PM
bbaffert is offline Click Here to See the Profile for bbaffert Click here to Send bbaffert a Private Message Edit post   Report post
bbaffert
StatFox Hall of Famer

Teaser with Arizona is solid also. Houston will win and Zona just has to come with 20 something of SF which should not be a problem.

Old Post 12-25-12 09:28 PM
HoustonFan
FoxDen Hall of Famer

I hope you are right. We lose this game and our season might as well be over.

"Just Got Paid" -- ZZ Top
2008,2009 NCAA HOF Battle of the Brackets Champion

Old Post 12-26-12 01:13 PM
HoustonFan is offline Click Here to See the Profile for HoustonFan Click here to Send HoustonFan a Private Message Edit post   Report post
bbaffert
StatFox Hall of Famer

HoustonFan

You have to know this Texans team is not quite super bowl ready anyways and they are already in the playoffs so that is another step in the right direction.

The good thing about the future of the Texans is they will get a ring. Probably in the next 3-4 years. They are young and hungry. They lack maybe 2 or 3 players from being almost unbeatable. I think they were a better team coming into the playoffs last year than they are this year, they just needed Schaub last year and we probably make the superbowl. The D and OL was better last year in my opinion. I notice the holes for Foster and co. to run through are much smaller this year. I am sure that has to do with letting Winston go. It really is clear though, 2 homes wins and the superbowl.

As for this game, same or worse for Indy as the last one. They still have no OL and that is the worst possible problem to have against the Texans. Their OL is not even fair, it is just plain bad. It is a minor miracle that Indy has as many wins this season. The fact is they played a very weak schedule or they would probably have a losing record. Put them in the AFC North and they are not even being talked about right now. If there were not 8 or 9 terrible teams in the AFC a few of these teams would not be in the conversation.

Look at Denver, GEEZ! They gave them the number 1 power rating today on a few sites. That is such a joke. Yeah they won 10 in a row and beat a couple of fair teams. Let any team from the afc north switch places with Denver and they do just as well. Playing KC, OAK, and SD for six games. You do not have to play D. Denver will surely be outed by the first good team they play in the playoffs.

It is clear, in the playoffs fear the AFC North teams, Baltimore and Cincy, maybe even Cincy more. Houston or New England should be the bowl team and get ready to see Denver fall.

Old Post 12-26-12 03:48 PM
Badger24
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Just read the preview for the game.
Chuck Pagano will be on the sidelines and Houston has never won in Indianapolis 0-10
Have Houston in a bunch of teasers but can't lay the 7

Old Post 12-29-12 02:20 PM
Badger24 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Badger24 Click here to Send Badger24 a Private Message Edit post   Report post
Shadow_Boxer

bbaffert I am not trying to be a dick but I am sure it will come out this way to you .A month ago I saw you on here wanting money. I have 5 kids myself and was in a bad money position a couple years ago with no one to help so I really felt for you. I asked my wife lets send this guy money he has the same story as us it seems. I decided to wait and keep reading. It bothers me how much time you spend on here knowing your family is hurting . No excuse in the world even if your internet cost a dollar it should be on over food or whatever else you need first. I know everyone needs enjoyment in life but come on man when things are that bad this is the last thing you should be spending brain cells on..All your doing is blocking out your situation. I know your full of excuses and defensive as the Bears but as much knowledge you have on current sports you could be working two telemarketer jobs bringing in money. I know you are disabled , sorry but same time I could be in a wheelchair but my family comes first. If you can type and speak you can get a job! I want you and your family to be back on your feet and I do not want to knock you as a man but you need it. It is a shame your spending this much time on games and horses . And I do not buy it for one second you are not gambling any money at all. I have never met a person who studies like you and do it for others ??? Obviously you are thick skinned and you will have a excuse but you have none...Man up , put this **** aside .. I myself would never want to be poor and not trying , how does that make your kids think of you when they are older? I read your wife got a job I think you said , still that is well and all but a man should never depend on his wife.. Again take it for whatever you seem not to care what others think but you sure will ask for money for your family which is a hard thing for anyone to turn down. If you were my brother or even my best friend I would give you tough love , obviously you have no clue what the bottom feels like yet or you would be trying.. I will keep you in our prayers and I will see down the road what you are writing. Hopefully good things for your family but hopefully because it is you being the backbone of the family not your wife. And bbaffert I will not reply to your excuses..You seem like a good guy but this is not cool .

Old Post 12-29-12 03:18 PM
Shadow_Boxer is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Shadow_Boxer Click here to Send Shadow_Boxer a Private Message Edit post   Report post
bbaffert
StatFox Hall of Famer

Badger

I get ya there but let me say this regarding that. Indy is locked in as the number 5 seed in the playoffs, Texans can win home field advantage. Indy really has nothing to play for here and they need some rest and will take it.

As for Houston never winning in Indy, The first 8 losses were against Manning while the Texans were becoming a team. Last years game in Indy, when we finally started to win, we had lots of injuries, especially QB Schaub. This will be the first time we bring a healthy, playoff caliber team into Indy, ever.

Pagano may be a lift for the Colts but the game means nothing to them. 5 seed no matter what.

That is just me addressing your concerns. I really like them in a teaser also and liked the line at 6 but this Indy team is really really bad on the lines. DL and OL are just bad. Texans beat them by 12 or so a couple weeks ago and the Texans really let up in that one. I do not think they let up this week. They want to stay home for the playoffs. Full throttle in this game for Houston.

GL

Old Post 12-29-12 04:25 PM
Badger24
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Thanks for the reply.

Old Post 12-29-12 05:15 PM
Badger24 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Badger24 Click here to Send Badger24 a Private Message Edit post   Report post
bbaffert
StatFox Hall of Famer

Stuff

With a road playoff game looming next week, it remains to be seen whether or not Indianapolis chooses to rest its starters at some point in this game.

Matt Schaub vs. Colts Defensive Backs

Although quarterback Matt Schaub has graded at +16.2 on the season (12th in the league), most of his success came in the first half of the year when he graded at +17.0 through his first eight games, but -0.8 since that point. He’s at his best when working off play action in Houston’s scheme where his 112.5 QB Rating ranks fifth in the league on such throws. Of Schaub’s 533 dropbacks, 26 percent come off play action, good for sixth in the league. For him to regain his first half form, the play action passing game has to create big plays as the Texans head toward the playoffs.

On the other side, the Colts’ defense has struggled all season, including inconsistent play in the secondary. Cornerback Vontae Davis ranks 98th out of 115 qualifiers with 1.61 Yards Per Cover Snap while CB Cassius Vaughn ranks 106th at 1.67. Vaughn’s -11.3 grade ranks third worst among all cornerbacks. Safety Antoine Bethea will be challenged by Houston’s play action game and he’ll need to tackle better as he’s missing one every 8.7 attempts.

Old Post 12-29-12 05:28 PM
bbaffert
StatFox Hall of Famer

After last game these played

Overmatched McGlynn

Coming into the game, right guard Mike McGlynn was one of our worst rated guards, so the matchup against Texans’ defensive ends J.J. Watt and Antonio Smith looked like it’d be a one-sided affair. That was the case Sunday, particularly in the passing game. McGlynn graded at -7.0 in pass protection as he surrendered nine total pressures on his 38 pass-block attempts. Even the quick passing game was unable to help McGlynn as he allowed Smith a clean hit on Luck in less than two seconds, late in the second quarter. Ironically, despite giving up consistent pressure for much of the season, he hadn’t given up a sack all year before surrendering two to Watt and one to Smith.

Gashed on the Ground

It’s no secret that the Indianapolis run defense has been porous all season, and Sunday was no different. The Texans ran for 178 on 32 carries, good for 5.8 yards per carry. While the defensive line made its fair share of plays, inside linebackers Pat Angerer and Jerrell Freeman found themselves melted to blockers throughout the afternoon. Angerer had trouble with the Texans’ pulling guards, while Freeman just couldn’t seem to avoid blocks from center Chris Myers at the second level.

Once Arian Foster got through the second level, he had success running through the Colts’ secondary, particularly safety Antoine Bethea. Foster threw him to the ground on his 31-yard run with 13:53 to go in the third quarter and, while it won’t go down as a missed tackle, Foster’s stiff arm and quick burst picked up extra yardage on his run at the 2:20 mark of the fourth. The Colts will have to find a way to slow down the Texans’ running game when they meet again in two weeks.

Old Post 12-29-12 05:34 PM
DRB
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Shadow boxer

Put your personal concerns in a pm to him...not in this thread. I and others have done what we can to lend a hand to a friend of many years. Maybe once your here for ten years...helped out the forum in a positive way...you can voice all you want. I personally find it classless that you put this out front. Hope your New Year is good...

Old Post 12-29-12 05:35 PM
DRB is offline Click Here to See the Profile for DRB Click here to Send DRB a Private Message Edit post   Report post
bbaffert
StatFox Hall of Famer

Not Just Watt

While Watt may be the favorite for Defensive Player of the Year, Antonio Smith is right behind him as the No. 2 pass rusher among 3-4 defensive ends. They were both on full display Sunday. Watt’s +7.7 for the game is a career day for most, but it represents just his fourth-best grade of the season. He picked up three sacks to bring his season total to 20, while also adding a hit and two hurries on his 35 pass rushes. To further prove that he’s an all-around player, Watt added seven stops in the running game to make it a career-high 10 for the day (including sacks). Just another day at the office for Watt.

Smith deserves fair mention as well, as he picked up a sack, two hits, and five hurries on his 34 rushes. He managed to pick up pressures against four different linemen, with LG Joe Reitz taking the brunt of it. Smith beat Reitz for four pressures and also induced a holding call. It was a dominant performance by the Texans’ defensive line, with Watt and Smith leading the way.

Old Post 12-29-12 05:37 PM
BIG BAD BILL
FoxDen Hall of Famer

DRB

Well said my Friend.
Mike,Keep doing what you are doing Buddy!!!We are going to have a Great weekend....2013 will be even better!!

2008-2018
2691-2398
53%

You Miss 100% of the Shots You Never Take.

Old Post 12-29-12 06:02 PM
BIG BAD BILL is offline Click Here to See the Profile for BIG BAD BILL Click here to Send BIG BAD BILL a Private Message Edit post   Report post
bbaffert
StatFox Hall of Famer

The Houston Texans must play everyone against the Indianapolis Colts if they want to secure home-field advantage throughout the playoffs. A loss could drop them to the No. 3 seed and force them to play next week in the wild-card round.

I normally do not buy into much regarding sitting and playing but this game minus Dall/Wash, has a lot riding on it for the Texans.

Just imagine, how hard would you play if you know a victory would allow you to take a week off and not have to travel again unless it is to the superbowl.

The Texans playing hard and focused are good enough to beat anyone in the nfl. The 3 games they lost, they lacked focus. They will play this game like a playoff game while Indy will try to keep everyone healthy because they have to play next week on the road.

Even if that was not a big issue, Watt is going to have a field day. In that previous game 2 weeks ago, he had 3 sacks and said he missed at least 2 more because he got thru the line too fast. He is soon the be announced the Defensive player of the year and he can take over a game. He may get a couple MVP votes. He will take over this game on defense. Indy does not have the talent to deal with him. They can hardly deal with Ant. Smith.

Just trust me guys. It would take some crazy, unlucky, bull**** for the Texans not to win this game by 10. Luck has some late game heroics but he may not even be in this game late. I fully expect the Texans to go full throttle the whole game. They won by 12 last time and let off the gas. The score was not indicative of what really was happening. Texans could have won by 20+ that game. They will go all out here and will only rest starters if they are up by at least 14 in the 4th quarter, maybe not then. They know they can get their rest after the game so they will not take any chances with the score.

Ok, is that enough, grab em at 7, tease them to any team you like.

Old Post 12-29-12 06:14 PM
bbaffert
StatFox Hall of Famer

BBB, thanks brother!

I do agree about 2013, I got a late start on this board. Next year, I will be here day 1 of the season. Plus, we have March Madness which I do well at and MLB which is probably my best sport. I vow to continue to work my ass off helping pay back those that helped me on this board.

Old Post 12-29-12 06:22 PM
ANI-MAL
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Bet the Shed!! Gettum bro

"When you lose, don't lose the lesson"
"Who feels it, knows it"

Hamma Plays:

Old Post 12-30-12 04:35 PM
ANI-MAL is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ANI-MAL Click here to Send ANI-MAL a Private Message Edit post   Report post
ANTIsj55

Glad to see you busting your butt, working multiple jobs to get you and your family back on their feet and not wasting your time/money on betting, wifi, etc.....oh wait....

www.twitter.com/antijs55

Old Post 12-30-12 05:04 PM
ANTIsj55 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ANTIsj55 Click here to Send ANTIsj55 a Private Message Edit post   Report post
bbaffert
StatFox Hall of Famer

Line dropped to -6 now.

Excellent play.

GL to the good guys!

I love the ignore button. If a post starts negative I do not even finish it anymore. Feels really good. Instead of being negative, you guys should play my picks, make money and be happy. It works well for so many and live is too short to be a dick.

Old Post 12-30-12 05:12 PM
doubled1511
FoxDen Hall of Famer

ant

give it a rest already. instead of trashin people here contribute with some winners or info or sumptin. we're here to help each other otherwise whats the point

Old Post 12-30-12 05:14 PM
doubled1511 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for doubled1511 Click here to Send doubled1511 a Private Message Edit post   Report post
Post A Reply

Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Message   Next Message

Quick Links: