StatFox.com - Sports Handicapping Community

The Leading Logic In Sports Handicapping

The FoxDen Forum : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 The FoxDen Forum > Sports Handicapping, Trends, and Stats > Gold Cup
Search The Fox Den Forum:

Subscribe to this Thread
Pages (6): « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 »

Last Message   Next Message

Author
Message    Post A Reply
Brutus5775
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Thanks for the winner

My Goal is to Make Money Not Gamble !!

Old Post 07-08-17 02:33 PM
Brutus5775 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Brutus5775 Click here to Send Brutus5775 a Private Message Edit post   Report post
msudogs

-- CONCACAF announced Friday the injury-related changes to the 23-player rosters for those countries competing in the 2017 CONCACAF Gold Cup, as of Friday, July 7.

In accordance with the competition regulations, injury-related changes are allowed to the final 23-Player rosters for the Group Stage until 24 hours before each team’s first match. Any injury replacements must come from the preliminary 40-player rosters and must be approved by the Gold Cup Medical Committee.

The following substitutions have been approved by the Gold Cup Medical Committee:

COSTA RICA

IN: Juan Pablo Vargas (CS Herediano, CRC)

OUT: Ronald Matarrita (New York City FC, USA)

EL SALVADOR

IN: Edwin Sanchez (CD Aguila, SLV)

OUT: Irvin Herrera (New York Cosmos, USA)

JAMAICA

IN: Shaun Francis (San Jose Earthquakes, USA)

OUT: Dever Orgill (Wolfsberger AC, AUT)

MEXICO

IN: Erick Torres (Houston Dynamo, USA)

OUT: Alan Pulido (Chivas Guadalajara, MEX)
UNITED STATES

IN: Chris Pontius (Philadelphia Union, USA)

OUT: Kenny Saief (KAA Gent, BEL)

As in past years, teams that qualify for the quarterfinals of this year's Gold Cup will be permitted to amend their 23-player roster following the group stage, by replacing up to six players with new players from the original 40-player provisional rosters announced on Wednesday, June 7, 2017.

Old Post 07-08-17 03:19 PM
msudogs is offline Click Here to See the Profile for msudogs Click here to Send msudogs a Private Message Edit post   Report post
HoustonFan
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Canada ML -150..........W
U 2.5 -142.................L
Costa Rica +145..........W

2-1 +1.03 units

"Just Got Paid" -- ZZ Top
2008,2009 NCAA HOF Battle of the Brackets Champion

Old Post 07-08-17 03:38 PM
HoustonFan is offline Click Here to See the Profile for HoustonFan Click here to Send HoustonFan a Private Message Edit post   Report post
HoustonFan
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Sat 7/8

USA/Panama. This has ended in a draw their last 3 meetings 1-1. US has lost to Panama only once in their last 8 meetings at the gold cup. I believe the US wins this one with the "B" team.

USA ML -124

Old Post 07-08-17 03:50 PM
HoustonFan is offline Click Here to See the Profile for HoustonFan Click here to Send HoustonFan a Private Message Edit post   Report post
HoustonFan
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Add 7/8

Since I know nothing about either Nicaragua or Martinique, I thought I would do some research and here is one from Free Super tips:

Having appeared at this competition in 1993, 2002, 2003 and 2013, Martinique are making their fifth appearance at the Gold Cup and will be hoping to do better than ever before. In contrast, Nicaragua, who appeared in the 2009 renewal, are playing in the Gold Cup for just the second time in their history. As two minnows go head-to-head, it’s fair to say that this is a fairly uninspiring contest.

From a betting point of view, at the prices, it could easily pay to stick with Martinique. There seems to be no logical reason as to why Nicaragua are considered favourites here as both their recent record and record at this tournament are causes for concern.

Not only have Nicaragua lost each of their previous three Gold Cup matches, all without scoring a goal, but they also come here in poor form having won just one of their last five. On top of this, they’ve lost three of those five. In truth, it’s easy to see this side, which contains only two players playing domestic football outside of Nicaragua, struggling right from the word go at this tournament.

In contrast, although they’re by no means a well-known side, Nicaragua boast a greater number of players who’ve been deemed good enough to fly the nest so to speak, in order to play domestic football outside of their home land. Six of their players are playing club football in either Europe or the USA – most notable of which is Jordy Delem who’s currently plying his trade in the MLS for Seattle Sounders. While this might not raise too many eyebrows, it certainly stands out in comparison to Sunday’s opposition.

Aside from the fact that they appear to have more quality in their squad, Martinique have been winning matches much more frequently than their opposition have ahead of this one. Louis Marianne’s men have won six of their last ten. What’s more, having notched 18 goals during this time, they’ve proven to be fairly useful in the final third. Admittedly, teams such as Dominican Republic and British Virgin Islands don’t exactly provide the toughest tests, but then again neither will Nicaragua.

All in all, ahead of a fixture that won’t excite too many neutrals, getting behind Martinique to beat their fellow minnows is the way to go, especially since their price is unwarranted.

Most prediction sites favor Martinique. I'll go with that. They are also favoring something in the 2-1 range.

So I am doing:

Martinique ML +168
Risking .5 units each:
BTTS +120
Over 2 +105

I need to have some action on this to make myself watch it.

Old Post 07-08-17 04:41 PM
msudogs

USA line keeps growing & the total to watch as it will not budge off of 2

Old Post 07-08-17 06:00 PM
msudogs is offline Click Here to See the Profile for msudogs Click here to Send msudogs a Private Message Edit post   Report post
msudogs

the under is getting the action yet the juice on the O with USA/Panama keeps growing and will not budge off of 2

Old Post 07-08-17 06:36 PM
msudogs

Gold Cup bet splits at where the public is all over the home side

86% on USA -180
7% on Panama +620
7% on Draw +285

Old Post 07-08-17 06:40 PM
HoustonFan
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Glad I got down on USA ML yesterday

Old Post 07-08-17 07:38 PM
Gargo

Get on this soccer players....

Brazil Serie A.....

Flamengo -110

Old Post 07-08-17 07:43 PM
Gargo is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Gargo Click here to Send Gargo a Private Message Edit post   Report post
msudogs

HF

the night match has some nice twists to it, i like where you are headed
GL

Old Post 07-08-17 11:52 PM
msudogs

a GOOD Reason

books wouldn't move off of 2, the DRAW was +260

Old Post 07-09-17 12:50 AM
HoustonFan
FoxDen Hall of Famer

USA/Panama draw again. That makes 4 straight. Somewhat disappointing, but this is a young team. We will see what happens in the minnow match.

Old Post 07-09-17 12:55 AM
HoustonFan
FoxDen Hall of Famer

USA ML -124................L
Martinique ML +168.......W
Risking .5 units each:
BTTS +120..................L this was close
Over 2 +105................P

1-2-1 -.06

Total +.97

Old Post 07-09-17 03:21 AM
msudogs

HF

thanks for the nudge on Martinigue

SOC
STRAIGHT BET
[234214] MARTINIQUE +110

Old Post 07-09-17 11:50 AM
msudogs

HF & Gush

i'm watching the Mexico/El Salvador total 3 or 2' , money on the under but not at 2'
GL

Old Post 07-09-17 05:44 PM
msudogs

HF

waiting on you to pull the trigger on Jamaica

Old Post 07-09-17 05:44 PM
Gush
FoxDen Hall of Famer

I grabbed Mexico -140 1st half so far, might be it for tonight but we'll see. GL guys

Old Post 07-09-17 06:08 PM
Gush is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Gush Click here to Send Gush a Private Message Edit post   Report post
eagleseye13
FoxDen Hall of Famer

yeah MSU thanks for martinique! i took them -0.5 for good plus money!

like mexico over 2.5..they should score 3 and that defense can lapse easily

eagleseye13

"It doesn't matter who wins the game, it matters who covers"

2014 MLB Season Contest 2nd place +1985 (59-35-3)

Old Post 07-09-17 06:10 PM
eagleseye13  is offline Click Here to See the Profile for eagleseye13 Click here to Send eagleseye13  a Private Message Edit post   Report post
HoustonFan
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Sunday 7/9 gold cup

You are welcome MSU. Here is what I am doing today:

Curacao/Jamaica O2 -108
BTTS +125

The side on this one is a tough call for me. Curacao beat Jamaica recently. I expect a good match. I am leaning Jamaica and may but them in a parlay w Mexico. I think the total is a better play.

Mexico -1.5 -132.

Even with the B team and no coach, Mexico easily beats an inferior opponent.

Old Post 07-09-17 06:45 PM
Post A Reply

Pages (6): « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 »   Last Message   Next Message

Quick Links: