StatFox.com - Sports Handicapping Community

The Leading Logic In Sports Handicapping

The FoxDen Forum : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 The FoxDen Forum > Sports Handicapping, Trends, and Stats > Super Bowl Sunday
Search The Fox Den Forum:

Subscribe to this Thread

Last Message   Next Message

Author
Message    Post A Reply
Bromoe
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Super Bowl Sunday

Seattle vs. Denver -2' 48

This contest offers little to no value. The game looks like a last possession game. Several high percentage trends backing both teams, #1 Def. vs the #1 off. Both teams have B+ coaching staffs and should be prepared. I'm going to look at three things including the one tool that helped me hit 56%+ this season.

1 - Efficiency Rating

Overall rankings Seattle #1 and Denver is #2.

Seattle is 8 rating points higher than Denver.

Offense Denver #1 Seattle #7

Defense Denver #15 Seattle #1

Special Teams Denver #21 Seattle #5

Turnover Margin Denver #16 Seattle #1

Edge: Seattle

2 - My prediction formula calculated Seattle's odds of winning OUTRIGHT at 58%. (During the regular season when an underdog had a percentage of winning over 56% it was a must play)

3 - Defense hasn't won many NFL Championships lately. With that said, when you have a line this tight... defense is the way to go. Seattle's defense is special. I know Manning set records this season, but Seattle defense has put up some huge numbers themselves over the past two seasons. I still can't believe how they shutdown Drew Brees not once, but twice. Pete Carroll may have the answer for Manning.

Add it all up and flip a coin, because from a handicapping stand point, I can see many reasons to back either team.

Seattle 300/360

Old Post 02-02-14 08:57 AM
Bromoe is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bromoe Click here to Send Bromoe a Private Message Edit post   Report post
msudogs

great stuff here & thanks for the share
GL

Old Post 02-02-14 03:50 PM
msudogs is offline Click Here to See the Profile for msudogs Click here to Send msudogs a Private Message Edit post   Report post
Bromoe
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Another great day with the ponies yesterday. Not as strong of a card today, but for those who play here is what I'm looking at...

Aqueduct

1st - 4
3rd - 4
4th - 1A,7
7th - (2,3,6,8)
8th - 2

Gulfstream Park

3rd - (3,4,6)
5th - 2
7th - 4-8 BOX BOX
8th - 10,14/2,5,7

Oaklawn

8th - 7

Golden Gate Fields

2nd - 5

Santa Anita

4th - 3 (Best Bet)
7th - 3 (Best Bet)

Old Post 02-02-14 04:21 PM
Bromoe is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bromoe Click here to Send Bromoe a Private Message Edit post   Report post
Bromoe
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Super Bowl Six Point Teaser

Seattle +8.5 (3*)
Denver under 54.5

Old Post 02-02-14 04:32 PM
Bromoe
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Virgina has been one of my cash cows this season and are still under the radar. Virgina has won 7 of their last 8 including wins over Notre Dame, FSU and a blowout of NC State on the road. Last loss was at Duke by 4. Pittsburgh is tough at home, but are just 2 - 6 ats. They also face the Duke hangover. Line should continue to rise.

University of Virginia + points***

Old Post 02-02-14 04:47 PM
Bromoe
FoxDen Hall of Famer

University of Virginia +4.5***

Old Post 02-02-14 06:16 PM
Bromoe
FoxDen Hall of Famer

James Madison University - Pick**

Old Post 02-02-14 07:43 PM
geg1951
FoxDen Hall of Famer

GL ...hope we can both get the side on the teasers !!!!!!!

GARY / GARLAND TEXAS...... RETIRED
---------------------------------------------------

Old Post 02-02-14 07:53 PM
geg1951 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for geg1951 Click here to Send geg1951 a Private Message Edit post   Report post
Post A Reply

Last Message   Next Message

Quick Links: