StatFox.com - Sports Handicapping Community

The Leading Logic In Sports Handicapping

The FoxDen Forum : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 The FoxDen Forum > Sports Handicapping, Trends, and Stats > nfl monday brainstorm
Search The Fox Den Forum:

Subscribe to this Thread

Last Message   Next Message

Author
Message    Post A Reply
bbaffert
StatFox Hall of Famer

nfl monday brainstorm

i do not know the lines, just thinking here. think of it like your thinking on something and if you do not write it down you will forget, plus cannot hurt to have you weirdos, JK, listen to crazy.

i know houston is around 9 or 10, i gotta think on that one, i know they wont get beat like the other game but i do think they will lose.

seattle and atlanta - just str8 up against atlanta for me, i do not even need a line, it is a bonus that this good seattle team is going to be the team to send them on vacation. i would feel blessed to get more than 4, i think it should be more than a fg cuz homefield but i am thinking ml here, depends on the points.

baltimore/denver - could be interesting, everyone loves denver, im so sick of manning, he is good but geez, line may be close to 6-7 anything more and baltimore is an overlay. denvers a good team but i did watch the texans go to denver and beat them handily, that was some time ago, may take baltimore if given more than 7, need some thinking here

gb/sf - wow, i think this is the game of the weekend, part of me thinks this is not right? how can i live in houston and have 2 close friends that love the packers, may have to call them and get their take, they surely know i was a niners fan all those years houston did not have a team, what a rivalry here, when they played before i think SF was playing better football, that was a good game, SF kept everthing in front of them, rodgers could throw but they all had to be short and he had to fight to get every 5 yards. that gameplan worked then, heck, this one i need the line to find value, either of these teams are good enough to win this one, Steve Young to Terrell Owens, the CATCH 2, maybe my greatest moment as a football fan, i was in a bar with my packer friend buddy, we had watched every packer and niner game that season at the bar, what a moment, i actually used a packer/niners playoff game to decide the fate of my marriage in the mid nineties, the niners lost that one, i have been married for 20 years now. I guess the line will be sf less than 7, probably 4 range, similiar to the atlanta line, cannot pick this one off my head at all but gonna have fun figuring the puzzle out.

there are no picks here, unless you wanna go ahead and take seattle

Old Post 01-07-13 03:58 PM
bbaffert is offline Click Here to See the Profile for bbaffert Click here to Send bbaffert a Private Message Edit post   Report post
Tex
FoxDen Hall of Famer

I dont think I can go against Atlanta at home.

give a man a fish, you feed him for a day, teach a man to fish, he'll sit in a boat and drink beer all day"

Old Post 01-07-13 05:17 PM
Tex is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Tex Click here to Send Tex a Private Message Edit post   Report post
bbaffert
StatFox Hall of Famer

Tex - I think some dogs have to win, I mean they do not have to but I feel like at least one of the favorites will fall, hopefully NE. As for ATL, they are not bad but their record could surely be a lot worse with a few plays changed here and there. Their running back situation is weak and I do like Ryan and his WR's. I think Seattle matches up well with them and proved they could win on the road yesterday. They did not even show up for the 1st quarter but had the mental fortitude to get it together and took the game over. They are a good team. I do need to take a better peak at Atlanta's D though. Can they handle Lynch is my big question, how have they done vs mobile Qbs.

Old Post 01-07-13 06:47 PM
bbaffert is offline Click Here to See the Profile for bbaffert Click here to Send bbaffert a Private Message Edit post   Report post
danny07
FoxDen Hall of Famer

There seams to be of difference depending on what day you play.
Going back to 2001 there is a advantage to be the home team on Saturday.. The home team playing on Saturday won 18 of the last 22. Thats 18-4 straight up. Playing on Sunday the home team has won 13 of the last 22 thats 13-9. Going back to 2006 the home team as a fav is 7-16 ats. The home team on saturday going back to 2006 the home team is 7-5 with 1 home dog the 9ers covering as a dog.

The Greatest enemy of excellence is good !

NFL 13 SEASON

ATS 1-1
TEASERS 1-0
+80.00

NFL 12 SEASON
ATS 10-3
TEASER 3-5
TOTALS 4-1
ML DOGS 6-1
+2885.00
NBA 2012
ATS 6-3
+ 290.00

NFL 11 SEASON
ATS 9-4-1
TOTALS 5-1
TEASERS 8-3
ML DOGS 6-3
ML PARLAYS 4-1
+3855

+NFL 10 SEASON
ATS 25- 7
TOTAL 11-8
TEASERS 8-5
ML DOGS7-2
ML Parlay 2-1
+4975

NBA 09/10
ATS 4-1
+290.0

Old Post 01-07-13 07:41 PM
danny07 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for danny07 Click here to Send danny07 a Private Message Edit post   Report post
Post A Reply

Last Message   Next Message

Quick Links: