StatFox.com - Sports Handicapping Community

The Leading Logic In Sports Handicapping

The FoxDen Forum : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 The FoxDen Forum > Sports Handicapping, Trends, and Stats > Why Not Bases
Search The Fox Den Forum:

Subscribe to this Thread

Last Message   Next Message

Author
Message    Post A Reply
msudogs

Why Not Bases

Lefty Andrew Suarez will make his return to the Giants rotation tonight. The 26-year-old former second-round pick out of the University of Miami was effective if unspectacular in 2018, pitching to a 4.49 ERA, 4.30 FIP and 3.77 xFIP over 160 innings pitched.

Suarez is a five-pitch guy — four-seam 36%, slider 24%, sinker 15%, curveball 13% and changeup 12% — who gets ahead of hitters (62% first pitch strikes in 2018) and generates groundballs (51%) but who struggles to get whiffs (7.3% swinging strike rate) especially inside of the zone (90% zone contact rate).

Otherwise, Suarez relies on changing speeds, nibbling at the outer edges of the zone, and occasionally getting batters to swing over his curveball.

I’m curious if Suarez will choose to lean on the slider a bit more at some point. Either way, the Giants took sharp action this morning, and though the number touched as high as +155 before crashing down after professional resistance

Old Post 05-21-19 12:04 AM
msudogs is offline Click Here to See the Profile for msudogs Click here to Send msudogs a Private Message Edit post   Report post
M-1

I loved Atlanta tonight until I saw this

Old Post 05-21-19 12:54 AM
M-1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for M-1 Click here to Send M-1 a Private Message Edit post   Report post
Post A Reply

Last Message   Next Message

Quick Links: