StatFox.com - Sports Handicapping Community

The Leading Logic In Sports Handicapping

The FoxDen Forum : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 The FoxDen Forum > Sports Handicapping, Trends, and Stats > Wow ....5 Dimes
Search The Fox Den Forum:

Subscribe to this Thread

Last Message   Next Message

Author
Message    Post A Reply
westghost
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Wow ....5 Dimes

http://sportsbettingsites.org/news/5dimes-confiscates-over-32k-balance-2500/

I do not believe in a fate that falls on men however they act; but I do believe in a fate that falls on them unless they act.
Buddha

Old Post 02-15-13 08:41 AM
westghost is offline Click Here to See the Profile for westghost Edit post   Report post
RDTrains
StatFox Hall of Famer

Sadly until the U.S. wakes up and decides it might be more prudent and financially worthwhile to allow gambling online but regulate it and monitor abuses like this, people like Dan will continue to get the short end of the stick and there is little recourse.

Old Post 02-15-13 09:32 AM
RDTrains is offline Click Here to See the Profile for RDTrains Click here to Send RDTrains a Private Message Edit post   Report post
wildjayson

just read it amazing, if true.gonna stop using them way to serious for me

Old Post 02-15-13 10:42 AM
wildjayson is offline Click Here to See the Profile for wildjayson Click here to Send wildjayson a Private Message Edit post   Report post
Ruskin1182

That is absolutely insane!

Old Post 02-15-13 03:43 PM
Ruskin1182 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Ruskin1182 Click here to Send Ruskin1182 a Private Message Edit post   Report post
dvp95
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Interesting case. Obviously it looks bad when the guy is threatened the entire time.

At the same time it's hard to know how much that guy really made. Its a lot easier to make a lot of money when you win 4k to bring your bankroll to 5k rather than start with 885.

Would he have won 32+k with only 885? Probably not

Does he deserve all of it? Probably not

Does he deserve to have it all taken away? Probably not

Old Post 02-15-13 10:42 PM
dvp95 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for dvp95 Click here to Send dvp95 a Private Message Edit post   Report post
cruisin

Nobody should keep 32K in an offshore gambling acct. Too risky.

Old Post 02-15-13 10:49 PM
cruisin is offline Click Here to See the Profile for cruisin Click here to Send cruisin a Private Message Edit post   Report post
dg84

Point is, it wasn't his fault. What else could he have done other than call & ask to speak with a manager to verify his winning wager was correct? Then to have Tony be a rude SOB right off the bat & not even listen to the guy when it was his employees who screwed up is unreal. I'm not even going to get into the threats because not only is it bad business it's an empty threat. I doubt Mr. Soprano wants the DOJ taking a longer look at 5dimes offshore operations than it already has. The only reason they haven't been able to make 5d off limits for U.S. bettors is because Tony has said in the past he doesn't go back to the U.S. Olympic, Pinnacle & others have left the U.S. market because they've seen other guys arrested when they set foot back on U.S. soil. Threats like that over $10,000 or whatever he claims isn't worth the problems for a book that has millions deposited from U.S. bettors.

Old Post 02-15-13 11:36 PM
dg84 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for dg84 Click here to Send dg84 a Private Message Edit post   Report post
Tracy1968

that tony is the biggest A-HOLE around

Money won is sweeter than Money earned

Old Post 02-16-13 04:30 AM
Tracy1968 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Tracy1968 Click here to Send Tracy1968 a Private Message Edit post   Report post
westghost
FoxDen Hall of Famer

No matter how you look at it, it 's just a bad way of doing business. I can't believe Tony the GM actually did this IF it actually happened. News would spread all over the web/world in no time and it should be.

Now i live half the time in USA and other half in asian continent.
Bad thing is that it disrupt the exciting life of sports gambling...
Good thing is that i was able to open the account at Pinnacle , William hills etc...
AND got rid of these 5DIMES , etc account.

I must say though that when i had account with 5dimes, i never had any trouble.
But that was before the us law started coming down hard on offshore.

Who knows what will become from now on.

I do not believe in a fate that falls on men however they act; but I do believe in a fate that falls on them unless they act.
Buddha

Old Post 02-16-13 05:33 AM
westghost is offline Click Here to See the Profile for westghost Edit post   Report post
Post A Reply

Last Message   Next Message

Quick Links: