StatFox.com - Sports Handicapping Community

The Leading Logic In Sports Handicapping

The FoxDen Forum : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 The FoxDen Forum > Sports Handicapping, Trends, and Stats > History lesson for TB at Pens game 7
Search The Fox Den Forum:

Subscribe to this Thread

Last Message   Next Message

Author
Message    Post A Reply
lippsman
FoxDen Hall of Famer

History lesson for TB at Pens game 7

Well here it is, the game we all hope for, a game 7 to decide on who goes to the cup. You would think that home team would be a slam dunk with a high winning percentage, but lets see what history tells us.

Not as high as you would think, the home team in this situation is hitting at a 57.5% and with a very low sample of 30 games for the Semifinal round it hits at a much better 63.3 %. But the Pens are a huge -210 for tonight, so that's a huge no go !!!! Even with using the Semifinal numbers it's still not enough to cover that line.

Now the public is all over the Pens like you would expect and the oddsmakers have opened the line to show that, but no way in hell should they be favored this high. The public has moved this line at least .20 across the board.

Remember home doesn't mean squat in the NHL and you are going to pay the premium price if you take the Pens, but once again that huge payback on TB is the play in my opinion and the opinion of history. But if you just gotta take Pens and you think they will win, make sure to play them on the -1 line instead of the -.5

BOL

Old Post 05-26-16 05:56 PM
lippsman is offline Click Here to See the Profile for lippsman Click here to Send lippsman a Private Message Edit post   Report post
dg84

I believe Tampa is 5-1 all-time in game 7's with the Pens sitting at 7-7, but Pittsburgh is only 2-7 at home in game 7's, which I found surprising.

Old Post 05-26-16 10:43 PM
dg84 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for dg84 Click here to Send dg84 a Private Message Edit post   Report post
Showstoppa
FoxDen Hall of Famer

I am playing the under 5' expecting a lot of checking and some solid D

Old Post 05-27-16 12:22 AM
Showstoppa is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Showstoppa Click here to Send Showstoppa a Private Message Edit post   Report post
usc1990
FoxDen Hall of Famer

I'll tail you Showstoppa. You know I love me the unders.

Old Post 05-27-16 12:52 AM
usc1990 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for usc1990 Click here to Send usc1990 a Private Message Edit post   Report post
Showstoppa
FoxDen Hall of Famer

One period down......just hope we don't have a 3 goal second period and we are looking pretty good USC

Old Post 05-27-16 03:24 AM
Showstoppa is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Showstoppa Click here to Send Showstoppa a Private Message Edit post   Report post
usc1990
FoxDen Hall of Famer

$$$

Nailed it. Great job my brother.

Old Post 05-27-16 06:00 AM
usc1990 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for usc1990 Click here to Send usc1990 a Private Message Edit post   Report post
lippsman
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Very nice pick !!!!!

Old Post 05-27-16 02:58 PM
lippsman is offline Click Here to See the Profile for lippsman Click here to Send lippsman a Private Message Edit post   Report post
Post A Reply

Last Message   Next Message

Quick Links: