StatFox.com - Sports Handicapping Community

The Leading Logic In Sports Handicapping

The FoxDen Forum : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 The FoxDen Forum > Sports Handicapping, Trends, and Stats > 2016 French Open Thread
Search The Fox Den Forum:

Subscribe to this Thread

Last Message   Next Message

Author
Message    Post A Reply
puckslug
FoxDen Hall of Famer

2016 French Open Thread

I know we don't have much tennis interest around these parts but I think it's one of the most underrated sports. It's a fun sport to watch and I think it's a great place to place wagers. I try to follow the sport as closely as I can and we're entering into a few huge months for the sport - two grand slams in two months. With that being said, if any of you have questions regarding tennis, I'd love (at least try) to answer them.

As far as picking a winner, I'd say this year is one of the hardest to predict especially on clay. I can say that I don't think that Djokovic (-137) is going to win it all so I'd stay away from that. I'd look to Wawrinka (+1200) or Raonic (+6000).

There's also an American kid named Taylor Fritz who could be fun to watch. He's playing tomorrow morning and at +230, he could be worth the play. He's playing a Croatian, Borna Coric and although they've never played I think they're about equal in talent. The odds seem of great value to me.

I'll be posting some plays here throughout the tournament and feel free to comment, ask, or share your plays as well.

For tomorrow morning:
Taylor Fritz +230
Bernard Tomic -240
Quentin Halys -135

the first rule of making money is to not lose it.

Old Post 05-24-16 01:37 AM
puckslug is offline Click Here to See the Profile for puckslug Click here to Send puckslug a Private Message Edit post   Report post
Showstoppa
FoxDen Hall of Famer

I like tennis as well but I haven't followed it much in the past 12-16 months, but I am trying to get back into it.

I think Venus may be prime for an upset

Old Post 05-24-16 02:05 AM
Showstoppa is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Showstoppa Click here to Send Showstoppa a Private Message Edit post   Report post
Gargo

WTA....

SORANA CIRSTEA -110

Old Post 05-24-16 04:18 PM
Gargo is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Gargo Click here to Send Gargo a Private Message Edit post   Report post
Showstoppa
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Nice call w Halys

Old Post 05-24-16 08:52 PM
Showstoppa is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Showstoppa Click here to Send Showstoppa a Private Message Edit post   Report post
puckslug
FoxDen Hall of Famer

My sleeper pick of Taylor Fritz was anything but that. I still think he'll be a big American in a few years...hopefully

the first rule of making money is to not lose it.

Old Post 05-24-16 11:13 PM
puckslug is offline Click Here to See the Profile for puckslug Click here to Send puckslug a Private Message Edit post   Report post
Showstoppa
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Well Venus didn't get upset either but least she didn't cover the spread so I was okay w that.

Old Post 05-24-16 11:24 PM
Post A Reply

Last Message   Next Message

Quick Links: