StatFox.com - Sports Handicapping Community

The Leading Logic In Sports Handicapping

The FoxDen Forum : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 The FoxDen Forum > Sports Handicapping, Trends, and Stats > My Wife's Update
Search The Fox Den Forum:

Subscribe to this Thread
Pages (2): [1] 2 »

Last Message   Next Message

Author
Message    Post A Reply
mgh56
FoxDen Hall of Famer

My Wife's Update

It is with deep sadness and a very heavy heart that I inform my fellow Statfox Den Members about my beloved wife Linda's passing yesterday. She fought a courageous battle for 1 1/2 yrs against this horrible disease called cancer. She remained stoic and dignant as ever up until the bitter end.
I will (do) miss her dearly and there is a deep void in my heart, but I know that all of her pain and suffering are now gone and that she is in a much better place.
She may be separated from me in a physical nature but I have 18 yrs of beautiful memories with her that can never be taken away.
Although I know none of you here in the Den personally, I appreciate those of you that have reached out to me with kind words, thoughts and prayers over the course of Linda's battle. Thank-you,
Mark

Old Post 08-30-15 05:56 PM
mgh56 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for mgh56 Click here to Send mgh56 a Private Message Edit post   Report post
jtsachs
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Mark, my deepest condolences. There is never a good set of words that can be expressed to console someone who has lost a loved one. The only thing that I can say or suggest is reflect on the great memories and treat this situation as more of a celebration of Linda's amazing life as opposed to her passing.

Best wishes.

-Justin

Old Post 08-30-15 06:14 PM
jtsachs is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jtsachs Click here to Send jtsachs a Private Message Edit post   Report post
Zac
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Mark,

I'm sorry but you're right.

She's in a better place.

Zac

Old Post 08-30-15 07:13 PM
Zac is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Zac Click here to Send Zac a Private Message Edit post   Report post
lineshark
FoxDen Hall of Famer

my condolences

Old Post 08-30-15 07:17 PM
lineshark is offline Click Here to See the Profile for lineshark Edit post   Report post
CUBANO
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Its Sunday, so the good Catholic boy that I am, went to mass and lit a candle for her.
Hang in there.

2014 MLB Contest 1st Place
2016 NBA Contest 1st Place

Old Post 08-30-15 07:47 PM
CUBANO is offline Click Here to See the Profile for CUBANO Click here to Send CUBANO a Private Message Edit post   Report post
777loco

I pray for you & family; i pray that all the sweet memories sooth during this time . Cancer is everywhere , hoping it will be eadicated soon - god bless you brother

Old Post 08-30-15 09:16 PM
777loco is offline Click Here to See the Profile for 777loco Edit post   Report post
Tex
FoxDen Hall of Famer

May God give you peace in your sorrow and bless you and your family.

give a man a fish, you feed him for a day, teach a man to fish, he'll sit in a boat and drink beer all day"

Old Post 08-30-15 09:52 PM
Tex is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Tex Click here to Send Tex a Private Message Edit post   Report post
lemgreen
FoxDen Hall of Famer

We are all brothers and sisters. Your loss is ours too and we share your grief.

Lem

Old Post 08-30-15 11:03 PM
lemgreen is offline Click Here to See the Profile for lemgreen Click here to Send lemgreen a Private Message Edit post   Report post
dld3151
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Peace and comfort to you and your family, Mark. Celebrate her time here and your time with her. And know that sorrow will be replaced in time by joy and gratitude. God bless.

Daniel

Old Post 08-30-15 11:07 PM
dld3151 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for dld3151 Click here to Send dld3151 a Private Message Edit post   Report post
rojero
FoxDen Hall of Famer

My condolences my friend

Old Post 08-31-15 12:21 AM
rojero is offline Click Here to See the Profile for rojero Edit post   Report post
ronnie111
FoxDen Hall of Famer

mark

truly sorry for your loss. kind of puts all this sports betting in perspective.

Old Post 08-31-15 02:09 AM
ronnie111 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ronnie111 Click here to Send ronnie111 a Private Message Edit post   Report post
steveko
FoxDen Hall of Famer

my condolences, sorry for your loss

Old Post 08-31-15 03:17 PM
steveko is offline Click Here to See the Profile for steveko Click here to Send steveko a Private Message Edit post   Report post
Toby13
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Mark sorry to hear Linda has passed.Our family sends our deepest sympathy to you,and yours.

6 Rings

Old Post 08-31-15 04:04 PM
Toby13 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Toby13 Click here to Send Toby13 a Private Message Edit post   Report post
catd10
FoxDen Hall of Famer

My condolences, I will keep you and your family in my prayers. Stay strong!

Old Post 09-01-15 12:31 AM
catd10 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for catd10 Click here to Send catd10 a Private Message Edit post   Report post
geg1951
FoxDen Hall of Famer

haven't been around much lately so i apologize if i missed previous posts of late.

Mark , please accept my heart felt sympathy for your loss. life can turn on us at any moment and we should live each day as it may be our last. Linda fought the battle to the best of her ability and will now wait for you on the other side. if you ever need a sounding board feel free to PM me. i have lost many friends and family to this criminal in my 64 yrs and it's never easy. keep her in your heart and remember those times of laughter with her. peace be with you mark.

gary

GARY / GARLAND TEXAS...... RETIRED
---------------------------------------------------

Old Post 09-01-15 11:05 PM
geg1951 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for geg1951 Click here to Send geg1951 a Private Message Edit post   Report post
vick
FoxDen Hall of Famer

My sympathy

Mark,

Brought tears when reading this. I know life seems not fair at times. I have the sympathy in your loss. Your 18 years of memories are so special... She will be looking over you forever.

Amazing 12 years and how this forum shares personal items outside of sports. I have met folks here and really enjoy everyone here. Amazing how everyone comes together outside of sports.

PM me if you need to talk about anything.

Love is playing every game as if it's your last. - Michael Jordan

Old Post 09-02-15 03:59 AM
vick is offline Click Here to See the Profile for vick Click here to Send vick a Private Message Edit post   Report post
RDTrains
StatFox Hall of Famer

RIP, so sorry for your loss.

Old Post 09-02-15 07:21 AM
RDTrains is offline Click Here to See the Profile for RDTrains Click here to Send RDTrains a Private Message Edit post   Report post
HoustonFan
FoxDen Hall of Famer

My deepest condolences. Thoughts and prayers are with you. Sorry I did not see this earlier. We are all brothers here.

"Just Got Paid" -- ZZ Top
2008,2009 NCAA HOF Battle of the Brackets Champion

Old Post 09-03-15 01:24 PM
HoustonFan is offline Click Here to See the Profile for HoustonFan Click here to Send HoustonFan a Private Message Edit post   Report post
BIG BAD BILL
FoxDen Hall of Famer

I am sorry to hear Mark.Prayers to you and yours

2008-2018
2691-2398
53%

You Miss 100% of the Shots You Never Take.

Old Post 09-03-15 02:43 PM
BIG BAD BILL is offline Click Here to See the Profile for BIG BAD BILL Click here to Send BIG BAD BILL a Private Message Edit post   Report post
IrishMule
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Heart-felt condolences...

I too, have not been around much this summer. So sorry to hear about your loss. Hard to cope with, for sure. Cherish the good times you shared with her. BOL Mark

Let us be thankful for the fools. But for them, the rest of us could not succeed.
Mark Twain

''Life's tough ........it's even tougher if you're stupid...''
-- John Wayne

"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
Benjamin Franklin

'Life isn't about
how to survive the storm.....But how to dance in the
rain.'
TheMule

Old Post 09-03-15 02:50 PM
IrishMule is offline Click Here to See the Profile for IrishMule Click here to Send IrishMule a Private Message Edit post   Report post
Post A Reply

Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Message   Next Message

Quick Links: