StatFox.com - Sports Handicapping Community

The Leading Logic In Sports Handicapping

The FoxDen Forum : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 The FoxDen Forum > Sports Handicapping, Trends, and Stats > Did the Chargers throw the game?
Search The Fox Den Forum:

Subscribe to this Thread

Last Message   Next Message

Author
Message    Post A Reply
jtsachs
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Did the Chargers throw the game?

First let me say congrats to the many on this board who won on this game. I tailed you guys on the Chargers and won as well. That said, I can't help but think there was something fishy about the 2nd half "performance" of the Chargers players. I'm probably reading too much into it, but just got a bad feeling that something sketchy was happening. Fundamental tackles being missed, easiest catches being dropped, and then of course Rivers doing his best to give it back to Houston with quick 3 and outs, pick 6, etc. Anyone else get the same feeling?

Old Post 09-10-13 06:59 AM
jtsachs is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jtsachs Click here to Send jtsachs a Private Message Edit post   Report post
jtsachs
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Let me also add that I'm down with the fix...just want to make sure I'm in on it... Lol

Old Post 09-10-13 07:04 AM
jtsachs is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jtsachs Click here to Send jtsachs a Private Message Edit post   Report post
Sherlock
FoxDen Hall of Famer

This was just another typical CHARGER meltdown.

Nothing more, nothing less.

This has been happening to do them over and over again for some time now.

There are a lot of examples of this, including the big play that they gave up to the RAVENS and RAY RICE last year.

It's become their modus operandi.

Old Post 09-10-13 07:09 AM
Sherlock is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Sherlock Click here to Send Sherlock a Private Message Edit post   Report post
jtsachs
FoxDen Hall of Famer

So what you're saying Sherlock is start betting their opponents in the 2nd half... :)

Next week's top play... Eagles 2H whatever the spread

Old Post 09-10-13 07:19 AM
dld3151
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Agreed. Just typical Chargers. I was laughing while it was happening because it looked all too familiar.

Old Post 09-10-13 07:20 AM
dld3151 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for dld3151 Click here to Send dld3151 a Private Message Edit post   Report post
Sherlock
FoxDen Hall of Famer

They won't be leading at half time against the EAGLES, so this won't even come into play.

Old Post 09-10-13 07:25 AM
Sherlock is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Sherlock Click here to Send Sherlock a Private Message Edit post   Report post
jtsachs
FoxDen Hall of Famer

In all seriousness, how much longer can they continue to run out Rivers? He's been a starter now since '05 and won the AFC championship game in '07. Other than that...meh. I'm guessing the Chargers will be hunting for a new QB sooner rather than later.

Old Post 09-10-13 07:32 AM
Kostyan
Restricted User

jsachs

That's how they've been playing for years.

Old Post 09-10-13 01:32 PM
Kostyan is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Kostyan Click here to Send Kostyan a Private Message Edit post   Report post
bbaffert
StatFox Hall of Famer

Agree

The Chargers love falling apart in the 2nd half. I think Rivers is a damn good QB but he needs to get some mental health. After that pick 6 to Cushing he just went from stud to dud. He never got over it like the premier QB's would have. He needs a sports shrink or maybe a team of them ASAP.

Also, want to note that the Texans have been really good at making adjustments and coming back in the 2nd half in similar situations last season. I did really well betting the Texans 2nd half last year when they were looking bad in the 1st. So this game was setup for a comeback.

Old Post 09-10-13 07:13 PM
bbaffert is offline Click Here to See the Profile for bbaffert Click here to Send bbaffert a Private Message Edit post   Report post
ronnie111
FoxDen Hall of Famer

you can't even blame norv anymore.

have you ever felt like the world is a tuxedo and you're a pair of brown shoes?

Old Post 09-11-13 01:26 PM
ronnie111 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ronnie111 Click here to Send ronnie111 a Private Message Edit post   Report post
#PioliStinks

Doubtful

I think they were fortunate to get the lead and it was just a matter of time before the Texans reduced the gap. Rivers choked, like always, once Houston started rolling. Personally, I don't think the Chargers threw anything ....just a bad team that grabbed an early lead and failed to hang on against a much better opponent.

Old Post 09-11-13 09:57 PM
#PioliStinks is offline Click Here to See the Profile for #PioliStinks Edit post   Report post
Post A Reply

Last Message   Next Message

Quick Links: