StatFox.com - Sports Handicapping Community

The Leading Logic In Sports Handicapping

The FoxDen Forum : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 The FoxDen Forum > Sports Handicapping, Trends, and Stats > Pretty Cool Story happening in Oakland
Search The Fox Den Forum:

Subscribe to this Thread

Last Message   Next Message

Author
Message    Post A Reply
the-profit

Pretty Cool Story happening in Oakland

Brad Ziegler of the A's now has 32 consecutive scoreless innings and broke the 101 year old MLB record for most consecutive scoreless innings to start a career.

This is really cool because he has been hanging around the minors a long time. He is 28.

Old Post 08-02-08 07:33 PM
the-profit is offline Click Here to See the Profile for the-profit Click here to Send the-profit a Private Message Edit post   Report post
hightimes
FoxDen Hall of Famer

thanks for the post. i had no idea about this.

Old Post 08-02-08 08:36 PM
hightimes is offline Click Here to See the Profile for hightimes Click here to Send hightimes a Private Message Edit post   Report post
the-profit

Yeah that's why I posted it- hadn't heard any fanfare on it. I guess if its not in NY or Boston - nobody cares.

Old Post 08-02-08 09:54 PM
the-profit is offline Click Here to See the Profile for the-profit Click here to Send the-profit a Private Message Edit post   Report post
the-profit

here is a story about the crazy turns his career has taken

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2008/06/10/SP1I115Q48.DTL

Old Post 08-02-08 09:55 PM
Craiger
FoxDen Hall of Famer

That is way cool, I didn't know about it either.

Old Post 08-03-08 01:34 AM
Craiger is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Craiger Click here to Send Craiger a Private Message Edit post   Report post
Alvan9
StatFox Hall of Famer

Oh it is cool, cause I picked him up on my fantasy team when he first came up.

Old Post 08-03-08 03:25 AM
Alvan9 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Alvan9 Click here to Send Alvan9 a Private Message Edit post   Report post
the-profit

He is now at 37 scoreless innings. Has tied Mike Torrez for A's record.

Old Post 08-09-08 04:42 PM
cisco
FoxDen Hall of Famer

I've been watching his progress for the past few weeks. The guy is a f'ing phenom.
He needs to be the closer. Throw Street into the street!

Old Post 08-09-08 06:07 PM
cisco is offline Click Here to See the Profile for cisco Click here to Send cisco a Private Message Edit post   Report post
BigMonte13
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Not ready to be a closer yet (although he picked up a 2 inning save last night). I just wonder how effective he'll be when the scouting reports get out...

You can't be what you were, so you better start being just what you are - Fugazi

Old Post 08-09-08 08:38 PM
BigMonte13 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for BigMonte13 Click here to Send BigMonte13 a Private Message Edit post   Report post
Post A Reply

Last Message   Next Message

Quick Links: