StatFox.com - Sports Handicapping Community

The Leading Logic In Sports Handicapping

The FoxDen Forum : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 The FoxDen Forum > Sports Handicapping, Trends, and Stats > Abe FL vigoda <<< Arena Ball 3/30 >>>
Search The Fox Den Forum:

Subscribe to this Thread

Last Message   Next Message

Author
Message    Post A Reply
FireMillen
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Abe FL vigoda <<< Arena Ball 3/30 >>>

The Gerogia Force simply owns the Columbus Destroyers both SU and ATS. Georgia can also move the ball, having the highest yards per play average in the league, which means they can score at any given time on the wee arena field. Columbus is pretty much mid pack in this league in most statistical categories. The biggest difference I see between these two teams is the QB's. The Destroyers Matt Nagy is not terrible, having thrown 14 tds in three games, a 10.5 yards per completetion average and only two picks for a 100.3 passer rating, but the advantage here clearly belongs to the Force's Chris Greisen who has 30 tds in 4 games, 12.6 ydpc average, 3 INTs and a 135 passer rating. That's not just good, that's the best in the AFL. Granted Dallas' Dolezel has a higher passer rating of 136.8, but I would probably trade the two more INT's that Greissen has for his five more TDs. Line movement in Georgia's favor makes Georgia the play.

Georgia Force -6.5

I'd plan on this going up so buy it early and get the hook.

AFL sides 9-6
AFL totals 7-4

Regrets, I've had a few;
But then again, too few to mention.
I did what I had to do
And saw it through without exemption.

Old Post 03-30-07 03:23 PM
FireMillen is offline Click Here to See the Profile for FireMillen Click here to Send FireMillen a Private Message Edit post   Report post
mzaiman

Fire

I like this one a lot. I think your right on with the QB difference. AFL is an offensive game, where NFL is defensive. That means that a QB makes a much larger difference in an AFL team than an NFL team. I am on this one with you. Good Luck.

Old Post 03-30-07 03:36 PM
mzaiman is offline Click Here to See the Profile for mzaiman Click here to Send mzaiman a Private Message Edit post   Report post
FireMillen
FoxDen Hall of Famer

AFL play #2

The Arizona Rattlers defense is a sieve, fourth- worst in the league allowing over 60 PPG. Dead last in points per play allowed. The KC brigade has faced some pretty good teams so far this year a much tougher schedule than the Rattlers. Anyway, I'll play the over.

Rattlers/ Brigade OVER 109

with a strong lean to the Brigade which opened at +3 and are now at -1.5 (ty to TBoy). I would probably play this, but I can't find enough statistical basis to make it an official play.

So for tonight we have:

Force -6.5

Rattlers/ Brigade OVER 109

GL

Regrets, I've had a few;
I did what I had to do

Old Post 03-30-07 04:42 PM
FireMillen is offline Click Here to See the Profile for FireMillen Click here to Send FireMillen a Private Message Edit post   Report post
FireMillen
FoxDen Hall of Famer

BTW...

What sources does everybody use when capping AFL games? I get most of my info from Statfox, Arenafootball.com and ESPN. If there is anything else really good out there for AFL I'd love to know about.

Regrets, I've had a few;
I did what I had to do

Old Post 03-30-07 04:45 PM
rocket

Additional Hancicapping Source

I've had some success using a site call sportsbettingstats.com and when there be sure and check out the use of the database for making inquiries.

Rocket

Old Post 03-30-07 05:09 PM
rocket is offline Click Here to See the Profile for rocket Edit post   Report post
FireMillen
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Thanks, Rocket. Will do.

Regrets, I've had a few;
I did what I had to do

Old Post 03-30-07 05:14 PM
not2good
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Yeah one thing

Line opened GA-5 getting smoked by Joe Public and now at -7.5... 78% ATS on GA

Old Post 03-30-07 05:28 PM
not2good is offline Click Here to See the Profile for not2good Click here to Send not2good a Private Message Edit post   Report post
GameHunter

www.arenafan.com

Old Post 03-30-07 06:51 PM
GameHunter is offline Click Here to See the Profile for GameHunter Edit post   Report post
FireMillen
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Thanks, GH.

My local has KC at -3.5 now. This is a huge swing. I think that the Joe Public fator will play a bigger role as the seaon goes on because I don't think this is a very public game, but is getting more and more attention with every game shown.

Regrets, I've had a few;
I did what I had to do

Old Post 03-30-07 07:23 PM
FireMillen
FoxDen Hall of Famer

not2good

I can't find anything on the Brigade or Rattlers game that would justify that big of a swing. Is there some huge injury I havene't come across. IMHO, seven points seems like a lot to move a line solely on how the money is falling.

Regrets, I've had a few;
I did what I had to do

Old Post 03-30-07 07:30 PM
not2good
FoxDen Hall of Famer

FM

Line moved 2.5 points not 7... are we talking about the same game?

Old Post 03-30-07 08:40 PM
not2good is offline Click Here to See the Profile for not2good Click here to Send not2good a Private Message Edit post   Report post
FireMillen
FoxDen Hall of Famer

I don't think we are. Kansas City opened at +3, and are now -3.5. That's the one I'm curious about.

Regrets, I've had a few;
I did what I had to do

Old Post 03-30-07 11:00 PM
bully93
FoxDen Hall of Famer

WOW, georgia is getting it handed to them, its not even halftime and they are down 18, wtf?

Old Post 03-31-07 02:25 AM
bully93 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for bully93 Click here to Send bully93 a Private Message Edit post   Report post
FireMillen
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Patience, Bully, patience.

Regrets, I've had a few;
I did what I had to do

Old Post 03-31-07 03:47 AM
FireMillen
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Crap. Up seven with 19 seconds left, now down 1 with six. Man, this is bad. I must admit I was alarmed when the WINYOURBETSNY guy had the Force and KC to cover. I can see why now.

Regrets, I've had a few;
I did what I had to do

Old Post 03-31-07 03:52 AM
towelboy02

...........i came back from playing the Wii, Force up by 7, then loses by 1. oh well, you had the right call. there's a moose in every sport. hahah

Old Post 03-31-07 03:55 AM
towelboy02 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for towelboy02 Click here to Send towelboy02 a Private Message Edit post   Report post
FireMillen
FoxDen Hall of Famer

AFL sides 9-7
AFL totals 8-4

maybe I'll stick with the totals.

Regrets, I've had a few;
I did what I had to do

Old Post 03-31-07 01:16 PM
msudogs

FireMillen

thanks for ypur work in the AFL, the only league i like to play over & i did with your help. keep up the good work & let's have a good weekend
GL

Old Post 03-31-07 01:31 PM
msudogs is online now Click Here to See the Profile for msudogs Click here to Send msudogs a Private Message Edit post   Report post
FireMillen
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Thanks for the support. I'll have today's plays up in a bit.

Regrets, I've had a few;
I did what I had to do

Old Post 03-31-07 01:52 PM
Post A Reply

Last Message   Next Message

Quick Links: