StatFox.com - Sports Handicapping Community

The Leading Logic In Sports Handicapping

The FoxDen Forum : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 The FoxDen Forum > FoxDen Lounge > Fishing stories...
Search The Fox Den Forum:

Subscribe to this Thread

Last Message   Next Message

Author
Message    Post A Reply
SliPKnuT
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Fishing stories...

I've haven't been a fisherman for years and years but I do miss it. Something about the patience slowly building up to such an awesome reward in the adrenaline banks.

My buddy reminded me last night of a couple years back. We went Frisbee golfing at waterworks park a short time after it had been flooded.

We wouldn't have gone if we had known that it hadn't dried out yet. It hadn't. I guess we should have known since it is called Waterworks Park duh!

That's also the reason I learned the saying back in the day when the water treatment plant got flooded. Yellow let it mellow, brown flush it down.

Anyway let's just say we were playing hole #8 and we came up or down I guess to a spot that was still flooded barely and there were hundreds of carp suffocating to death. I guess that's what suffocating means so excuse the redundancy por favor.

So we canceled the game and decided that if we were sucking wind like these poor creatures were that we would hope to be saved by some outstanding individuals as well.

So we did. We scooped them up in my green knapsack that I was carrying with me at the time to hold the discs, brews, and portable music machines w/ mini speakers. There may have been something else in the small pockets?

Emptied it out and ended up scooping up about 40 carpie diems over 20 runs across the breadth of the park. It was a long run is all I remember.

Long story short...

Buddy sent me this link of my favorite band last night.

Eerie Pennsylvania Mang!!!

Pennsylvania is a good Halloween city. Reminds me of Transylvania. They're also good and making pencils.

Check out the latest video. I haven't watched the others but I'm sure they're good as well.

TD they're close to your area maybe?

Also they play the soundtracks

Photobucket

http://www.brownietroopfs.com

Old Post 11-01-08 07:06 AM
SliPKnuT is offline Click Here to See the Profile for SliPKnuT Click here to Send SliPKnuT a Private Message Edit post   Report post
tdbabe
StatFox Hall of Famer

These are great fishing vids....

On the homepage list, click "Watch Current Episode", scroll down to Episode V.....their having a great old time fishing for striped bass. Made us both laugh. You need to watch to the end.

Thanks Slip.....we will enjoy watching these.

And yes, many are from parts near us. Surf fishing is great too.....these vids remind me of some of our escapades from the beach, especially hubby. hahaha

I liked that you saved as many carp as you could. Would have done the same....you're a good person my friend.

Old Post 11-01-08 06:54 PM
tdbabe is offline Click Here to See the Profile for tdbabe Click here to Send tdbabe a Private Message Edit post   Report post
Post A Reply

Last Message   Next Message

Quick Links: